[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

This is the official thread for the Skyrim Script Extender for Skyrim Special Edition (SKSE64).

Previously discussion was carried on in this thread over in the general discussion area.

Here is the current state of SKSE64 (28-Dec-2016):

Greetings everyone. Let's start with a link to a new video I have uploaded which demonstrates SKSE64 in action.

SKSE64 Update - 28 Dec 2016

Here are the big takeaways before diving into details:

• Excellent progress continues to be made
  • Tentatively expect a beta in mid-March 2017 (unless I can make it earlier)
  • Input event support is working (and demonstrated)
  • Menu support needed for SkyUI is not done but is the next major deep but narrow dive

So now down to the details. Work is progressing well. We've been focusing on deep but narrow dives into the code to prove out all of the major systems. That will be followed by a wider path that will bring along all of the supporting papyrus classes. The hard part of the work is the major systems - it is comparatively easier to bring along a new object class and corresponding papyrus functions (Armor, Potions, Shouts etc.)

I'll put together a more comprehensive list of what is up and working a bit later tonight. In general I've decoded and hooked up the papyrus functions for Weapons, Spells, ObjectReferences, Forms and the Event systems (specifically Button and Control input events, and Crosshair Ref events.)

The next big task is to implement the Menu and UI Hooks and Events to see where SkyUI stands. When I get that up and running I'll post another video.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Staff edit (Zaldiir):

Update from ianpatt:

Sorry, this isn't intended to be an April Fools joke or something like that.

I don't really have any good news. A large amount of the core code (papyrus support, scaleform support, etc) is ready, but the layout of most of the game data classes still needs to be verified as unchanged from the 32-bit version.

I haven't had any time to work on this for the past few months due to work, and I assume the same is true for Stephen. Making time estimates for full-time professional engineering projects is very hard, and this is far from that.

Again, sorry for getting people's hopes up.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic