[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is factually incorrect on so many levels. Havok is already a part of Skyrim. Bethesda's licensing extends to redistribution of Havok in whatever form the game ships with (specifically for modding),

HDT simply utilizes the same libraries in ways the game itself didn't and anyone with a proper copy of the SDK can distribute whatever they like even if it is the free version. I have access to the 64 bit version that was free and had the free license before Microsoft bought them, it's near impossible to find now because most only had up to Havok 2013. The free licenses from those copies still apply pro-actively so I am still free to distribute whatever I like.

Even if it was the case that Skyrim shipped with a version no one had access to for free along with no license, then people who DO pay for the full copy of Havok will have the license to distribute anyway.

The people saying it won't come to SSE comes from the fact the author is no longer around. There are plenty of other people who will probably take a crack at porting it or making something similar if he doesn't show back up.

Oh, okay, colour me wrong then. Thanks for the correction :)

If you were to set out to develop an HDT substitute (not suggesting you do, just hypothetically) and assuming you had SKSE64, would it take you a long time to do it? What would you estimate? Weeks, months, years? Ball-park figure, no-one's going to hold you to it?

Would it be reasonable to expect jiggly boobs sometime in 2018 (assuming SKSE in 2017 and assuming someone steps forward to take on the Havok side)? Sooner? Later? Just an educated guess?

This is factually incorrect on so many levels. Havok is already a part of Skyrim. Bethesda's licensing extends to redistribution of Havok in whatever form the game ships with (specifically for modding),

HDT simply utilizes the same libraries in ways the game itself didn't and anyone with a proper copy of the SDK can distribute whatever they like even if it is the free version. I have access to the 64 bit version that was free and had the free license before Microsoft bought them, it's near impossible to find now because most only had up to Havok 2013. The free licenses from those copies still apply pro-actively so I am still free to distribute whatever I like.

Even if it was the case that Skyrim shipped with a version no one had access to for free along with no license, then people who DO pay for the full copy of Havok will have the license to distribute anyway.

The people saying it won't come to SSE comes from the fact the author is no longer around. There are plenty of other people who will probably take a crack at porting it or making something similar if he doesn't show back up.

Oh, okay, colour me wrong then. Thanks for the correction :smile:

If you were to set out to develop an HDT substitute (not suggesting you do, just hypothetically) and assuming you had SKSE64, would it take you a long time to do it? What would you estimate? Weeks, months, years? Ball-park figure, no-one's going to hold you to it?

Would it be reasonable to expect jiggly boobs sometime in 2018 (assuming SKSE in 2017 and assuming someone steps forward to take on the Havok side)? Sooner? Later? Just an educated guess?

I'm familiar with how HDT itself is setup in a passive way, but personally to port or recode it on my end would be difficult. I'm more familiar with C# than C++ and I mainly do Space Engineers code work, so it would take time I simply don't have right now to learn both SKSE/SKSE64. Who knows what the future holds though, my life changes direction pretty frequently.

I also apologize for my tone in my previous post, lots of things starting to get under my skin in this thread just as someone who understands the point of view of the SKSE team.

Edited by Zeridian

Is it legal to receive money from people for working on havok?

If yes someone who knows scripting can create patron, I'm sure there will hundreds of people donating stable payment every month for your work(500$-2000$)

HDT is a part of Skyrim and we need it :smile:

Edited by RmXpl

Is it legal to receive money from people for working on havok?

If yes someone who knows scripting can create patron, I'm sure there will hundreds of people donating stable payment every month for your work(500$-2000$)

HDT is a part of Skyrim and we need it :smile:

Licensing would be tied to Bethesda licensing rules, so you can't make commercial profit in any way. However, Patreon skirts that line being that it can be considered donations so I don't know. It'd have to be setup in a way that doesn't promise a return product, but simply donating to the author. Basically the moment you promise a return product for money, it becomes commercial and therefore illegal under Bethesda's licensing, even if you have the Havok commercial license.

@onandaga - Get aggressive on here? You have 5 posts, slow your sweet roll son. I'm sure that SKSE64 will be out. Detach. It helps and you might find yourself a bit less angsty over things you are unable to control.

I have faith it will be out at some point.

I'm playing it casually at the moment just to try out the different mods available and choosing what I would like when I really spend some time with it a few months from now.

I want it for SKYUI, Jaxons positioner and deadly dragons mainly.

I have to say though on my old system with a 5 yr old HD7870 it plays far better than Oldrim with better visuals and performance.

@onandaga - Get aggressive on here? You have 5 posts, slow your sweet roll son. I'm sure that SKSE64 will be out. Detach. It helps and you might find yourself a bit less angsty over things you are unable to control.

You right, maybe I need to create a two-handed based nord character and take out my frustrations on helpless NPCs. All I want right now to bash the skulls of all these milk drinkers.