[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

So, uh, let me ask this...You said the mid-March for the beta-release, that didn't happen. It's now April and still nothing has happened.

Hello SKSE64 team, I was just thinking out loud was all. ??????????????

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, uh, let me ask this...You said the mid-March for the beta-release, that didn't happen. It's now April and still nothing has happened.

Hello SKSE64 team, I was just thinking out loud was all. ??????????????

Here is the reason for the delay:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5206865-wipz-skyrim-script-extender-skse64/page-36&do=findComment&comment=48873882

Sorry, this isn't intended to be an April Fools joke or something like that.

I don't really have any good news. A large amount of the core code (papyrus support, scaleform support, etc) is ready, but the layout of most of the game data classes still needs to be verified as unchanged from the 32-bit version.

I haven't had any time to work on this for the past few months due to work, and I assume the same is true for Stephen. Making time estimates for full-time professional engineering projects is very hard, and this is far from that.

Again, sorry for getting people's hopes up.

The layout of some classes have changed for example TESObjectREFR's unk50, I had to replace with

UInt8 unk80[0xB];
  UInt64 unk88; // this is new in 1.4.2, probably a pointer

It's the only change I could find in the forms/refr classes.

ModInfo (names are wrong, but the structure is correct) is
struct ModInfo
{
	tList<UInt32>						unkList;			// 000
	UInt32 /*NiTPointerMap<TESFile*>*/	* pointerMap;		// 008
	void*								unk00C;				// 00C
	BSFile*								unkFile;			// 010
	void*								unk014;				// 014 
	void								* unk018;			// 018
	void								* unk01C;			// 01C
	void								* unk020;			// 01C
	void								* unk028;			// 01C
	void								* unk030;			// 01C
	char								name[0x104];		// 020
	char								filepath[0x104];	// 124
};

I don't really have any good news. A large amount of the core code (papyrus support, scaleform support, etc) is ready, but the layout of most of the game data classes still needs to be verified as unchanged from the 32-bit version.

I haven't had any time to work on this for the past few months due to work, and I assume the same is true for Stephen. Making time estimates for full-time professional engineering projects is very hard, and this is far from that.

The layout of some classes have changed for example TESObjectREFR's unk50, I had to replace with

UInt8 unk80[0xB];
  UInt64 unk88; // this is new in 1.4.2, probably a pointer

It's the only change I could find in the forms/refr classes.

ModInfo (names are wrong, but the structure is correct) is
struct ModInfo
{
	tList<UInt32>						unkList;			// 000
	UInt32 /*NiTPointerMap<TESFile*>*/	* pointerMap;		// 008
	void*								unk00C;				// 00C
	BSFile*								unkFile;			// 010
	void*								unk014;				// 014 
	void								* unk018;			// 018
	void								* unk01C;			// 01C
	void								* unk020;			// 01C
	void								* unk028;			// 01C
	void								* unk030;			// 01C
	char								name[0x104];		// 020
	char								filepath[0x104];	// 124
};
SKSE64 dev team - any thoughts about handing the project over to people who have time for it?

Thanks for letting everyone know. Real life has to come first and as my Grandma used to say "Good things come to those who wait."

This was the DUMBEST thing posted in this thread.

"SKSE64 dev team - any thoughts about handing the project over to people who have time for it?"

Be glad they updated us. Some people are never satisfied. :huh:

Yes ,, i think too it might be end of 2017 or mostlikeley never. I actually reinstalled old skyrim and and installed my mods from scratch , I guess all the experience i made over the past years with CTD and infinite loading pays off now and the 32 bit version is as good as the 64 bit version with 300 plus mods installed and hopefully ctd free......

anyways good luck waiting for the 64bit SKSE.......

Thank you for the update, ianpatt. I understand full well as a former IT supervisor that project deadlines are hard to hit when you can't devote full time to them. It will take as long as it will take. I for one appreciate the work you've done on it and look forward to it's eventual release.