[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

The contractual agreement with Bethesda is interesting.

Imagine what few circumstances could trigger the company to take note of the activities of a modder.

There's no reason to conclude the mod is abandoned at this point. The April update is relatively recent.

SE is fine. The main drawbacks are: Skiui, and HAVOK-everything from hair to clothing to body-parts (someone should do a tbbp hippo).

Well...and one additional major drawback from a modder's point of view: the thousands of mods that depend on SKSE must be re-written or re-designed. That seriously limits the scope of available optional content.

I wonder how many people saw a cool mod, and bought the game so they could try it?

It's an interesting question.

Edited by ElGordo371

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked trough the 250 most downloaded mods for both Oldrim and SE to compare.

Most of them are the same. The major different is that you wont find the sex-mods in the SE-list. :)

(My conclusion is that those who complaine most about SKSE64 not out yet is those who like to play Skyrim with their pants down.)

Actually it is interesting how similar the lists are.

Seems like the SKSE creators stabbed us in the back and lied about it being worked on. If they told us nothing was happening since last year we could've got someone to do it by now.

I would not put it in that way but more in terms of: "SKSE developers did a honorable effort in trying to provide us the SKSE64 however just ran into complications that they had problems to predict likely caused due to lack of proper analysis from the start of development." I think we should salute the developers for trying to provide us the SKSE64 instead of threatening them after all they did do this without being paid and in their own time.

Just looked trough the 250 most downloaded mods for both Oldrim and SE to compare.

Most of them are the same. The major different is that you wont find the sex-mods in the SE-list. :smile:

(My conclusion is that those who complaine most about SKSE64 not out yet is those who like to play Skyrim with their pants down.)

So you say that people that like to play Enderal and Legacy of the Dragonborn could do that as well on SE? Keep your conclusions for yourself it is not always abour r-rated mods.

Most of them are the same. The major different is that you wont find the sex-mods in the SE-list. :smile:

Sorry, that's a really dumb thing to say. Requiem user here, which is heavily dependent on SKSE. Plenty of such mods that rely on SKSE that have nothing to do with being a sex-mod. And many mods that utilise SKSE have been adapted to work with SSE in a way that limits their scope or are not fully featured versions. So yeah, nope.

So you say that people that like to play Enderal and Legacy of the Dragonborn could do that as well on SE? Keep your conclusions for yourself it is not always abour r-rated mods.

Well, i have the same right as anyone to make conclusions. And for the record, i think you are alwas wrong. The r-rated was a bit of a joke, so i am sorry to see you have no sense of humor. Enderal works perfectly fine without being ported to SE. I hope that SureAI is not spending time trying to port it to SE but insted spends time making the current version even better and bringin more content.

There are mods i do miss from Oldrim in my SE setup (i have them both installed and also Enderal), so i play them all... with a lot of mods.

Sorry, that's a really dumb thing to say. Requiem user here, which is heavily dependent on SKSE. Plenty of such mods that rely on SKSE that have nothing to do with being a sex-mod. And many mods that utilise SKSE have been adapted to work with SSE in a way that limits their scope or are not fully featured versions. So yeah, nope.

Sorry, i will never try to use anything resembling to humor on this forum since people dont seem to understand it.

Many, lets say "casual", mod users download only from the top 200.

So when for example more casual players asks if they should go for Oldrim or SE i still think the answer is SE.

Because it is more reliable and a there are a lot of good mods for SE out there to make Skyrim a better game.

Sorry, i will never try to use anything resembling to humor on this forum since people dont seem to understand it.

Many, lets say "casual", mod users download only from the top 200.

So when for example more casual players asks if they should go for Oldrim or SE i still think the answer is SE.

Because it is more reliable and a there are a lot of good mods for SE out there to make Skyrim a better game.

Nothing against humor however this topic might not be the best place for it.. :smile:

I agree on the reliability if it was not I would not even bothered with it but yes the 64 bit engine solves a lot of the memory issues the old engine had. I also agree that a lot of the popular mods from the old engine have been ported over however some of them are limited in functionality.

Then again a lot of mods have been released that make the old engine a lot more stable and mods like the crash fixes SKSE plugin make the SKSE memory patch obsolete. In its current state SSE is great for console users as they never could experience Skyrim as the PC users could (unless you are on Playstation).

Not sure about Enderal Sureai did say that it is using certain functions from SKSE the main reason he cannot support it on SSE.

LotD will not work and will never work on SSE without SKSE. Unfortunately it is a mod that everyone should play atleast once during a Skyrim play through as it helps in completing the game and even makes it more interesting to go exploring.

Edited by cardmaster