"The Dawn Will Come" Lag [SPOILERS]

AurianaValoria1

I've noticed something a little annoying after starting quite a few different Inquisitors and playing through "In Your Heart Shall Burn."

The first time I played through (with very few mods, mind you), the cutscene where Mother Giselle initiates the group singing "The Dawn Will Come" went smooth as silk; everyone was lip-synced perfectly and everything was timed as it should be.

Now, on subsequent playthroughs (admittedly with a bunch more mods added), everyone's lip-syncing during the song lags about a word behind the audio. I even noticed a difference in Cullen's animation - he initially lifted his head up when singing the first time, and now he keeps his head down. :huh: Furthermore, the lag ends when the song is finished; Solas's dialogue ("A word?") is right back in sync again.

Does anyone else have this issue, and do you have any ideas of how to fix it? Is it just the additional mods taxing the game too much, or is it something else?

Hi Auri :D

I don't know if this is helpful but I know that something like this can happen, when one have a mod installed with "demanding performance requirements". I had the same problem some time ago and the reason why was my high ReShade, with heavy effects. After I put the game in the windowed mode it worked fine for me, maybe that will also work for you?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! <3

Hi Auri :D

I don't know if this is helpful but I know that something like this can happen, when one have a mod installed with "demanding performance requirements". I had the same problem some time ago and the reason why was my high ReShade, with heavy effects. After I put the game in the windowed mode it worked fine for me, maybe that will also work for you?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! <3

I do have quite a few retexture mods installed. Also, I do already play on "windowed fullscreen." I have had the problem with the white screen at the Skyhold cutscene (it's only happened once), but making the window smaller makes it play just fine.

1 Do you have this problem in any other cutscenes?

2 Do you have the 60 fps "fix" in place?

I do not have this issue in any other cutscene, and I do not have the 60 fps fix.

<snip>

2 Do you have the 60 fps "fix" in place?

^^THIS^^

If so, it was made obsolete by one of the patches (maybe 6 or 7, can't remember...)

See above. :P Plus I have the GotY edition, if that helps.