Ankh-Morpork in Skyrim.

muttiniraq

Ankh-Morpork in Skyrim  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this idea?

After playing through Skyrim a few times and enjoying all the hard work that was obviously put into it I had an idea.

Being a Discworld fan and a long time fan of Terry Pratchett (Carried his books through 1 tour in Iraq and his ebooks for 1 tour in Afghanistan), why couldn't we either alter Dragon Bridge, or even create from scratch by copying a city and putting it else where to create Ankh-Morpork?

I am sure that you would find plenty of volunteers for voice work and the possibilities for quests would add considerably to the game.

So that is my request.

Add Ankh-Morpork or another area of discworld to Skyrim.

Bill

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, "Let's Do it" doesn't begin to state how good an idea it is. However, my mental image of the city pretty much fills up the entire map. God help whoever tries to make unseen university, specifically the Library.

Honestly, "Let's Do it" doesn't begin to state how good an idea it is. However, my mental image of the city pretty much fills up the entire map. God help whoever tries to make unseen university, specifically the Library.

True, it would be difficult. Thought it could be extremely detailed, I would suggest going in stages.

Unseen University would itself be hard.

It would honestly depend on any of the modding community being a fan of discworld. I only wish that I had the time.

Me and a friend of mine had started work into something like this, but we didn't want to post it on the forums in case we never got that far with it. We had planned on having some kind of portal and a mini-quest to activate it And it would take you to some isolated town or inn on the Sto plains where larger questline would take you to Ankh-Morpork, From there you would have free reign to travel the entire Disc. Another problem would be what time frame would it be in? After all of the books, Half way through or I'm personaly a fan of Ankh-morpork as depicted in nightwatch. Any ideas we could add?

Me and a friend of mine had started work into something like this, but we didn't want to post it on the forums in case we never got that far with it. We had planned on having some kind of portal and a mini-quest to activate it And it would take you to some isolated town or inn on the Sto plains where larger questline would take you to Ankh-Morpork, From there you would have free reign to travel the entire Disc. Another problem would be what time frame would it be in? After all of the books, Half way through or I'm personaly a fan of Ankh-morpork as depicted in nightwatch. Any ideas we could add?

How about the Ankh-Morpork with the big dragon in the castle.

Not to mention the assassin's guild - quests

Thieves guild - quests

Seamstresses - Interesting quests lol

I am thinking it would be placed where winterhold is, since it is useless at the moment.

Then add the unseen university around the college....

If you want to leave the land alone, put a teleporter in the college in winterhold with the purpose of allowing an exchange between places of learning or at least places with long beards and good food.

I know that this would be a major undertaking but it would add a whole new aspect to the game.

Yeah, I really like the idea of the portal between the college/university and have it so both of them were working on portals to another universe at the exact same time without knowing about the other universe and you stubble through into the university just as they're conducting an experiment, could provide a humorous scenario. However you should be able to do it without joining the college for immersion purposes, maybe they are creating the portal outside of college grounds due to the rules on dangerous magic. I was also thinking you need to do a quest to activate the portal maybe collect 4 mammoth snouts, a silver plate and something to do with a turtle (not sure could make new item) and how would currency work, because ankh-morpork uses notes (if I am correct, only half way through making money please don't spoil it). And we can't forget about minor factions like all of the guilds, even the small ones. Or will there be story progression, will you be able to affect the goings on in the city? Eg. Assassinate Vetinari or Carrot. I have been drawing up detailed maps of areas like isle of the gods based on the street map but I can't really do anything untill the CK comes out, so if you know anyone or can 3d model could you give me a hand? (It's not my strong suit)