Ankh-Morpork in Skyrim.

muttiniraq

Ankh-Morpork in Skyrim  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this idea?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think those who like Pratchett might want to see things through the eyes of the characters or the eyes of someone who lived in that world, it gives the more personal experience. Films are Ok, like Going Postal, but interacting with it is much more appealing. If done right, this could be a massive, and amazing mod. There is almost limitless possibility with it, with industrial technology, myths, legends, events, places, creatures, etc. Ank-Morpork is the centre of the Disc politically, as you can find... anything there. And it is incredibly varied in architecture, atmosphere and all that other good immersive stuff. It's understandable really from a fan perspective for people to want to get involved

Well, I think those who like Pratchett might want to see things through the eyes of the characters or the eyes of someone who lived in that world, it gives the more personal experience. Films are Ok, like Going Postal, but interacting with it is much more appealing. If done right, this could be a massive, and amazing mod. There is almost limitless possibility with it, with industrial technology, myths, legends, events, places, creatures, etc. Ank-Morpork is the centre of the Disc politically, as you can find... anything there. And it is incredibly varied in architecture, atmosphere and all that other good immersive stuff. It's understandable really from a fan perspective for people to want to get involved

Beyond just the fans, I think there is an incredible amount of material that can be used to create a lot of fun.

There is an Assassins guild to go from, with a unique personality of its own.

Perhaps the Cunning Artificers for those who enjoy making things.

Dwarves survive here and thrive.

Dwarven Bread to be used as a mele and range weapon.

Join the city watch and help defeat organized crime (outside of allowed guilds) (such as certain trolls in suits)

Feeling sick? The Free Hospital can cure you. There seems to be a stunning lack of doctors of any sort and over the counter medicine shouldn't be your only route.

An Igor Companion, who performs 1st Aid on you during and after battle.

The works of Bloddy Stupid Johnson.

Small swamp dragons (companions as long as they don't blow up)

New spells from Unseen University.

Let's make this happen :)

Like I said, I don't know the stories very well, I only know Rincewind and Two-Flower, and the Luggage. Ankh-Morpork I don't think even existed in the first book. Therefore, most of what you're describing is going clear over my head.

BUT, having a nice big proper city to explore would be a good thing, which is why I'm in favor of this. All I'm asking is to allow for folks who *don't* know the books to be able to have just as much ability to enjoy the mod. Who knows; if I like the mod, I may pick up the books again. ^_^

If it has Rincewind, in the first, Ank-Morpork was there too. UU is more or less in it's centre Angua would be different than werewolves of this game though, she's a proper werewolf that turns into a full wolf. But we have models for that anyway. Transformation might be a bit iffy. I think we should probably set down a list of what we'd want first. Characters are as important as the locations.

Those who haven't read the books don't need to in order to enjoy it. If all goes well, they'll be experiencing the same world, same characters, but through a different format. I think what really makes these so appealing as books is really the characters. Carrot Stronginthearm for example. No words can describe the subtle awesome in him.

Edited by Corbecay

I thought UU was of the the southwest a little, and Isn't Carrots name Ironfounderson, how does lycanthropy work in skyrim, I've never joined the companions

I would definitely agree that characters are as important as locations.

Maybe someone could start small? Shrink the Dragons to dog size and enable them as companions? (swamp dragons)

I wouldn't mind having a swarm of feagles as a companion/companions.

Shall we try one companion first before starting anything major?