Oblivion 2017 Community

Nightflash7

Hello everyone, it's almost Thanksgiving.

QOTD: Which home is your favorite?

I've always liked the Skingrad home, but eventually I wanted a different atmosphere and chose the house in Leyawiin. I remember using the paint brush glitch to hang items as decorations, etc. This was several years ago when I originally played on the console. When I first got the Frostcrag Spire DLC, I was pleasantly surprised. At that time, especially being younger, it was great to be enveloped in the new content.

Edited by Nightflash7

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the vanilla ones my favorite is Rosethorn Hall, but imo none of them are great or as nice as they should have been. The kicker imo is that NPCs have much better houses than the PC in every city, often directly next door to each other (e.g. in Chorrol etc). I'm not sure what the point was of doing that, other than to further accentuate the shortcomings and general suckiness of the PC's homes. It's ridiculous imo to think the hero responsible for saving all of Cyrodiil wouldn't have been offered (or given) a palatial home in the Temple District or another high-end neighborhood in the IC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I certainly did.

I'm sharing my modlist: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZGjz8pf5mT5akJxK6-U2ok9ebo1M1mVTTnaoTyGAoU4/edit?usp=sharing

QOTD: Do you think Mankar Camoran is a Dragonborn?

He's able to wear the Amulet of Kings, so I suppose that does make him Dragonborn.

I think Mankar Camoran made himself Dragonborn. Which seems like a less difficult task than supposedly changing his race via the Razor. Then again, things get kinda screwy when it comes to him so who knows really.

(Also, I should restart the playhtrough of Oblivion I intended to do. Once I get it setup I think I'll send a link to the youtube channel. right now it just has mostly Warframe and Destiny stuff, and a handful of Skyrim SE)

• 4 weeks later...

Almost forgot to post the new showcase here. Enjoy revamped character models!

QOTD: Have you ever actually used alchemy? If so, how is it? If not, why?

I've never utilized alchemy in Oblivion. I just never really had the need for potions/poisons, except health, which is widely available. Gathering ingredients is also a tedious task.