Delete DLC content from Mods without owning the DLC?

SnertTheDog

Hi,

I want to delete DLC content from a mod with FO4Edit but I didn't own any DLC. As far as I understand FO4Edit try to load the mod and the conected DLC content and spits out an error.

Is there a way to edit mods with a DLC Master without having the DLC? Maybe with CK? So I had not to pest mod authors with no DLC version requests.

Hi, I want to delete DLC content from a mod with FO4Edit but I didn't own any DLC. As far as I understand FO4Edit try to load the mod and the conected DLC content and spits out an error. Is there a way to edit mods with a DLC Master without having the DLC? Maybe with CK? So I had not to pest mod authors with no DLC version requests.

Yes, the way to erase that data is with blank plugins of the DLC's and loading it all into the GECK, then simply save the file. Exit and verify the content is gone, then remove the master file names in xedit and reload it back into the geck again, save the file. exit, your done.

A lot does depend on the mod though.

Well now I feel like an idiot. It didn't even occur to me that the DLC esm files would need to be loaded to even open a mod with DLC content in FO4edit to remove the DLC content. Time to re-write my article on that. :pinch:

Well now I feel like an idiot. It didn't even occur to me that the DLC esm files would need to be loaded to even open a mod with DLC content in FO4edit to remove the DLC content. Time to re-write my article on that. :pinch:

Don't.

Not many know how to undue damages Bethesda has done and from the the cascading events from that point.

Some time the simple things are staring you in the face. You know what the Kits do, why not take advantage of it.

Don't.

Not many know how to undue damages Bethesda has done and from the the cascading events from that point.

Some time the simple things are staring you in the face. You know what the Kits do, why not take advantage of it.

It's an article that is specific to my CREAtive Clutter mod. The mod only adds constructible objects which are very safe for users to remove without the CK. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/383/

you need to be careful, some mods have dialog attached to the items in question in other mods.

on the right side, xedit Fo4edit will list Injections into the blanks, these are direct targets to use as a guide.

any injected records can be drawn down thru the system by double clicking on each one and follow it out to the last link.

There is an old Observation if you start from the last record and work your way backwards, you end up with a clean erasure.

The records on the Left only represent as in a load order the root of the following instructions deeply Embedded with any mods structures.

Load order of the mods / DLC's is just one rung in the ladders scrape.

Load order with in the plugins on the left side represent sub load orders, the right side is / contains the rest of the books pages.

I read the page you linked in. Think a bit more about what I am saying here.

Edited by Purr4me

My mod makes constructibles out of custom made meshes. There is no dialogue, no scripting or quests beyond the injection menu, no NPCs.. Certainly someone could use my instructions, extrapolate them to use on other mods that have things that shouldn't be deleted. Those people are idiots and are going to act in idiotic ways regardless of whether my article helps them or not. If someone somehow managed to break something in my mod, worst case they need to download it again.

In the CK you also can remove dlc masters. When you click data to load your file and select it as active, it should show you master parents in the window to the right. Select dlc master you want to remove and press CTRL + delete. I don`t know what will happen if you try to load something without having the dlc...But the deleting master option works just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

@Purr4me

strange, I thought I wrote a reply and thanked you for your help. So I do it now. Thanks for your help ;-)

@damanding

funny, I read your article and thought: "Didn't I use to own the dlc's to do this?" And I tried it and had no success. I thought, it was my fault and I understood something wrong.

I want to get rid of the DLC Weapons in Realistic Guns and Bullets Overhaul. I am quite know that this could crash everything. But its a mod without scripts etc. so I think it could be done ;-)