Your memorable nonquest/nonscripted stories

thesapien

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, after returning to Markarth with Miuri, my new wife, I met the same drunken, beligerant Nord. I too decided to brawl with him. About two punches in, my wife yells "12 Septims on the big one!"

My character is a wood elf. :sad:

This made me chuckle.

I hope you won. He was the toughest brawler I had encountered.

Funny, after returning to Markarth with Miuri, my new wife, I met the same drunken, beligerant Nord. I too decided to brawl with him. About two punches in, my wife yells "12 Septims on the big one!"

My character is a wood elf. :sad:

I guess someone is performing the Black Sacrament anytime soon.

While returning to Riverwood after completing the Bleak Barrow Falls quest I was stopped by 3 Imperial soldiers who told me that the area I was in was off limits and I had to pay money in order to carry on. I was a little bit confused out as I thought the Imperials were law abiding. To cut a long story short I decided I wasn't going to pay and a fight ensued. It wasn't until I had walked maybe another 50 metres when I stumbled across 3 dead Imperial soldiers that had been stripped of their weapons and armor. It was cool to think that bandits had the cunning to pretend to be soldiers in order to extract cash from travellers.

When I made my way to Whiterun shortly after I chanced upon a farmer walking along with a cow that was painted in blue paint. He told me he was taking it to a Giant's camp as a sacrifice so that they would leave their crops alone for the harvest.

Those two encounters really made my day.

I was walking on the road and came across a nobleman riding a horse.

He wore a lovely suit of clothes and was leading his retinue, one man-at-arms in glass armor and two servants.

I tried to talk to him but he insulted me and carried on his way.

Well, I didn't want to straight out murder him...

I told Mjoll to stay there and simply followed after the lout.

About 2 minutes later the inevitable happened.

A Sabrecat jumped out and attacked the travelers.

The servants fell before the man-at-arms knew what was happening.

Then to make things worse, a black wolf joined the fray.

And the brave and noble Dovahkiin stood back, picking his teeth, watching nature run its course.

When only beasts remained, I drew my sword.

I stand here today to sing to you, I slew the Sabrecat, but I did not kill the nobleman,

I was in Ivarstead when some guy runs up to me and hands me a weapon. He mutters something about holding it for him before he runs off.

Since this has happened a few other times, I follow him to see what he does. He goes a short distance and hides behind a building.

I stand there, watch him crouch in the grass and think, "He has a lousy sneak skill."

I walk around the building figuring I'll never see him again, when three other guys run up and ask if I've seen a thief.

I say, "Of course! He's right over there!"

Then I follow them and watch as they mete out justice.

They never bother asking about the mace of frost I'm holding.

I remember doing a quest (though I can't remember the name of it) where I had to travel to various places in the wilderness all over Skyrim. Turns out that I had been to EVERY single one of those places, so the quest was fast travel - kill - fast travel - kill - fast travel - reward. It was also a really good reward, so I thought it was kinda cheating. I didn't do much work for it! :P

my obsession with jumping off high places has led me to make an (admittedly stupid) leap off the edge of Throat of the World. I got up as high as I could on the mountain - grabbed my notched pickax, thank you very much - then got a running start and jumped..................................

.................and then proceeded to watch my character roll down the entire mountain. And I do mean the ENTIRE mountain. I finally stopped rolling when I hit that barrow outside the little town at the foot of the 7,000 steps. Go figure.

Where is Bard's Leap at? I must make this jump!

my obsession with jumping off high places has led me to make an (admittedly stupid) leap off the edge of Throat of the World. I got up as high as I could on the mountain - grabbed my notched pickax, thank you very much - then got a running start and jumped..................................

.................and then proceeded to watch my character roll down the entire mountain. And I do mean the ENTIRE mountain. I finally stopped rolling when I hit that barrow outside the little town at the foot of the 7,000 steps. Go figure.

Where is Bard's Leap at? I must make this jump!

From UESP (spoilers but this is the spoilers forum),

Lost Valley Redoubt is a massive ruin inhabited by Forsworn and Hagravens. It is a short distance, almost directly west of Bilegulch Mine, both of which are to the southeast of Markarth and to the northwest of Falkreath.

Be prepared for a long fight. At the top on the island below the highest waterfall you will find two Hagravens around an altar. Behind them is a Word Wall. There is leveled loot on the altar and a chest with a lot of goodies.

There is a long ledge overhanging two waterfalls at the top, opposite the Hagravens and Word Wall, which is Bard's Leap Summit.

Bard's Leap Summit is a wooden plank at the very top of Lost Valley Redoubt.

After fighting your way through a group of Forsworn to get to the top of the ruins, you will see a walkway extending over the edge of a waterfall. If you jump off the walkway into the pool below and survive, a ghost named Azzadal will appear. He will tell you that he attempted the jump as well, but that he obviously failed to survive it. He will then play you a song that will increase your speech skill by one point.

One way to survive the leap is by becoming ethereal before stepping off. The shout for this is learned at the nearby word wall.

Another way is to charge off the end, either normally, with the whirlwind sprint shout, or jumping at the last moment while running normally, thus landing in the water that is just deep enough to survive.

I just moved forward while jumping without any sprinting and made it fine, maybe getting lucky. I was on a quest for the Jarl of Markarth to retrieve his father's shield in order to get my favorite home in all of Skyrim, Vlindrel Hall.