Just spreading the info that Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster Internal Resolution is unfixed

rahonejm

Hello! I'm a big Resident Evil fan, and having just finished Resident Evil HD Remaster (after many years having finished the original), I went ahead and got me RE0 HD Remaster. If you are not aware, both these games have their internal resolution locked to 1440p. This is terrible for people with bad pcs, like me, because 1440p is a huuuge resolution. Imagine my pc, who can't even handle 1080p, having to deal with 1440p. Resident Evil HD's problem was fixed by a modder (that goes by the name of atom0s). He created a handy tool called REHD Hooker, which is very helpful. It can not only lower the internal resolution of the game, but also do things like skip doors and hide the mouse pointer. Atom0s did try to fix RE0 resolution problem, but, according to him, "it seems like CAPCOM redid parts of the engine for this game. The texture function that used to be used in REHD is not used for nearly anything now. A different function is used instead, however hooking that one and changing resolutions just crashes the game. (Does not scale the images like it did in REHD.) The generation of the background is also crashy if its edited so other tweaks seem a bit harder to perform on this game vs. the others". But atom0s couldn't finish the job, and then he stopped. So this is why I come you, nexus, to maybe ignite the flames in some modder's heart to try to fix this game. I and many other people would really like to play RE0 HD, but we are left behind because of this atrocious development decision of locking the internal resolution to 1440p. RE0 HD Remaster was released in January 19th, 2016, and remains unfixed to this day. If you need a starting point, atom0s did some work with RE0. Just google Resident Evil Zero - D3D9 Proxy - by atom0s.