[LE] Skyrim Tutorials

is there a way to edit your main character in 'Skyrim Creation Kit' ? i really only want to edit her, but i cant find it anywhere, possibly i'm just searching incorrectly?-- is there a proper term? and sorry for all these questions, i feel quite slow for even asking :wallbash: , but i'm getting weary lol :confused: :facepalm:

Clarify please. You want to edit your "main character"? As in, the player character? I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. What exactly is your end goal?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there a way to edit your main character in 'Skyrim Creation Kit' ? i really only want to edit her, but i cant find it anywhere, possibly i'm just searching incorrectly?-- is there a proper term? and sorry for all these questions, i feel quite slow for even asking :wallbash: , but i'm getting weary lol :confused: :facepalm:

Clarify please. You want to edit your "main character"? As in, the player character? I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. What exactly is your end goal?

i mainly wanted to know what you've told me--> [ player character] <--and ask if there was a way to find her in the creation kit. thank you so far and in advance :)

I don't think you will find your main character there.

Your main character isn't part of the game until imported.

You can almost change everything trough the console though or use the mod classmenu.

Still a lot of the same questions and problems each day. These videos will cover 90% of the crashes and questions and if you don't know where to start, these video's will be really helpful.

Thanks to Gopher and Predcaliber for making these

Like and Subscribe like you endorse your mods if they are helpful.
Cheers

DawnOfFrost, covers help, Basic things, what to fo first, Great youtubers, where to find what and more.

https://youtu.be/CMmP3mKOJ4s

Gopher and SKSE + memoryblocks

Precaliber Graphics tutorial. (just the graphics, requires some knowledge on skse, enboost and more if you want to install more after these)

Edited by laiilaiiheii

• 1 month later...

I am currently attempting to create an archery animation replacement (no new idles) mod for Skyrim. Let's call it, "Archery Aim and Aesthetics" The goal is to provide bow animations that function better alongside "Immersive First Person". It will also correct for the bow shaking that occurs while your character is moving, as that effects the trajectory of the arrow (arrow is released from where it connects to the players animation).

I have already gone through the effort of acquiring the half dozen programs needed for animation in Skyrim (including Havok Content Tools, which may or may not be hosted on an obscure Chinese file hosting site) and have produced a test animation to make sure I'm animating correctly. My test animation (character jumping in place) works in game perfectly, but only when it replaces animations with no functions. By functions I mean firing the bow, equipping the bow, etc. When I replace the bow release animation "bow_release.hkx" the character no longer fires an arrow in game when when should (the bow and arrow are still oddly stuck the the players hands though...). Why is this? Are those functions controlled by the animation somehow?

My question is this:
1) How can I successfully replace an animation in Skyrim that has a function (arrow firing, un-equip bow, etc) without breaking its functionality? I know it's possible, as there are one or two bow animation mods that have done this. Could this possibly have to do with behavior files?
2) Is it possible to edit the timing of those actions (when the arrow fires/bow sounds play), and if so, how? If this second question is not possible, or too difficult, I can always work around the existing timing of the actions.

I greatly appreciate modders who take the time to pass on their knowledge and experience to those who are still learning. Without you, Skyrim would not be what it is today. Thank you in advance!

Edited by Fosellar

I have a request.

I would like to see a tutorial on how to make custom spell meshes/models and import it into Skyrim.

I usually get a cool idea for a spell or want to replicate a spell I saw on a show, but due to my lack of knowledge, I am unable to do so.

I'll be very grateful to anyone who could spare some time.

Edited by AbdullahNF

I am a busy modder, but I try to take time to help out other modders that message me. I also in my spare time (very little now) make tutorial videos. I have been really slow with putting out videos lately, but will place several links for those looking for some tutorials, mostly scripting related.

Skyrim Creation Kit Scripting Series: Papyrus Tutorials (complete playlist automatically updated): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrN7sXqWQOBPyalkASaFwoVgNnAZOasEx

Skyrim Creation Kit Scripting Series: Papyrus Tutorials - Variables Unit: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrN7sXqWQOBNdVMivGkGl0vKuM8lRNsDq

Skyrim Creation Kit Scripting Series: Papyrus Tutorials - Events/Functions Unit (work in progress | just finished global functions): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrN7sXqWQOBPVRNKPBBFl9aTjOtuL4uWK

Skyrim Creation Kit Tutorials (mostly requests for non-scripting items, but might contain a mix in the future): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrN7sXqWQOBMfVTMlW-U5trsC7LRbjkbL

Will post other playlists as they prop-up. The events/functions that I have been stewing on for a bit is nearly finished, so objects will be afterwards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Kia ora

I wonder if that link to the TESSnipit tut shoild be removed seeing as how TESSnipt breaks so much stuff and is NOT considered a good tool to mod with? just a thought. Maybe it need some discussion