[LE] Skyrim Tutorials

Want to add this here, im using this list all the time, so it might be of use to other modders as well, kinda why i made this post in the first place : http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/530086-nifskope-bsdismemberskininstance-partitions/page__p__4317263__fromsearch__1#entry4317263

If something needs to be added or updated do tell, im working with a lot of meshes these days, and i check partitions on most items that are unique etc to get them all. Bare in mind that the list is just there to give you a small headsup of what the different partitions do.

Some partitions are used constantly on the same types, but also on other parts of a mesh, and i will try to add that to the description as well. Im not the only one who makes the list, a lot of others help out as well, so if you want and have information on partitions or just looking for a list over different partitions, visit the link.

It's not exactly a tutorial, but it might come in handy as reference.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't for a mod per se, but I figured if anyone knew the answer it'd be Skyrim modders. I am making a youtube video with live action footage but wanted to pull assets from the Skyrim UI graphics and menus to overlay onto it. Originally I thought I might have to record footage and then mask out what I wanted but I figured the assets are all there in the Skyrim folder right? I don't know if it's usable though, someone told me they were in .flv format

any advice for getting assets into something like Photoshop or After Effects?

This isn't for a mod per se, but I figured if anyone knew the answer it'd be Skyrim modders. I am making a youtube video with live action footage but wanted to pull assets from the Skyrim UI graphics and menus to overlay onto it. Originally I thought I might have to record footage and then mask out what I wanted but I figured the assets are all there in the Skyrim folder right? I don't know if it's usable though, someone told me they were in .flv format

any advice for getting assets into something like Photoshop or After Effects?

u can use adobe media encoder wich is a part of their creative suits or im sure they have it standalone aswell

from there u can convert a flv to avi wich u later can use in after effects

or convert flv to gif and use in phootoshop(importing gif wich is available in c4 but not in c5) but thats not recomended, it gets all corny and ugly-.-