Trying to figure out how to add/insert Hex edits

izgule

I wish to use the following hex edits as an example

MOD_NAME=PsionicOfficers
AUTHOR=Kaldreth ; All thanks to Antifringe2 on Nexus Forums for showing me where to apply the changes.
DESCRIPTION=Makes Officers capable of becoming Psionic.

UPK_FILE=XComStrategyGame.upk

FIND_HEX=27 A6 35 0F 0F
MODDED_HEX=28 A6 35 0F 0F

FIND_HEX=2C AB 16 04 28 04 99 35
MODDED_HEX=2C A8 16 04 28 04 99 35

FIND_HEX=1B 47 14 00 00 00 00 00 00 16 04 28
MODDED_HEX=1B 8C 17 00 00 00 00 00 00 16 04 28

Now I assume I could edit the XComStrategyGame.upk directly but I get the impression this can be added to an ini file to pefrom the edit when the game is run, if so which file do I add it to?

I believe it is either DefaultGameCore or DefaultGameData.

First of all, the information you give is provided in "PatcherGUI" file format. If you download the "PatcherGUI" utilitity from the "UPKUtils" download page, that is all you need unless you intend to create your own mods. (In that latter case, your should get all the toolset on that download page, including the PDF file.)

Put all the example from the "MOD_NAME" line through the last "MODDED_HEX" line into a separate text file, and point "PatcherGUI" to it. That should be all that is needed to have that code applied for you by "PatcherGUI". In this instance the "UPK_FILE=" line tells you that the code changes are applied to the "XComStrategyGame.upk" file rather than an INI.

For any questions about "PatcherGUI", see the included documentation.

For questions about how to manually apply hex code changes, see the wiki article "Hex editing UPK files".

The wiki has all the basic information we have available. Those articles were derived from the various threads in this forum, and link to those threads. You may find some more obscure tips in the threads themselves.

As you can see, there is not a lot of activity here since XCOM2 came out. I am not a mod creator myself, but am the "self-appointed librarian" and can point you to relevant wiki articles as I put most of them together.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

Thankyou, that information is perfect.

I was aware I could make the edits directly myself, what I had read lead me to believe the ultility was already available in the long war mod, but the utility and the others are perfect, ty.

• 1 year later...

Yes, everyone went crazy about Xcom 2 and also have difficulty to find informations.

Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I was looking for.

EDIT: Just tried this solution but it does not work. Tried with PatcherGUI and manual change.

Another mods like command cooldown or mec loose level work.

Maybe it needs game restart? Or it works only for new promoted officers?

Maybe does not work anymore in current game version?

Edited by rmazurek