Carry Weight Bug/Glitch

TheRaOct

Hi there,

i got a very weird (and frankly quite annoying) problem with my carry weight. Some time during my playthrough (my second playthrough in a row with that problem) my carry weight decreases permanently. Most notably it happens when i enter power armor. I won't get any carry weight bonus form my power armor, but when i leave it my carry weight decreases as if i had a bonus. It might be a coincidence but i recogniced this problem both times when entering Fort Strong whilst doing the BoS quest there. But when i reload older savegames it is still bugged, so not sure if there is any connection.
Are there any mods out there known to cause this problem? Or might that just be a specific problem with my load order?
Please help me with this, it's really annoying and i just don't want to start a new playthrough just to run into the same bug all over againg :sad:

My Load Order

*Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
*ArmorKeywords.esm
*HUDFramework.esm
*Snap'n Build.esm
*SpringCleaning.esm
*CBBE.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion.esp
*def_inv_scrap_en.esp
*CompanionStatus.esp
*LooksMenu.esp
*LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
*MoreUniques.esp
*subwayrunnernodynamic.esp
*Eli_Faction Housing Overhaul - AiO.esp
*Eli_Faction Housing Overhaul - V81.esp
*nvvault1080.esp
*CrimeTown.esp
*BTInteriors_Project.esp
*SuperMutantOverhaul.esp
*MaxwellsWorl.esp
*Vivid Weathers - FO4.esp
*Vivid Weathers - FO4 - Far Harbor.esp
*Vivid Weathers - Nuka World.esp
*Eli_Faction Housing Overhaul - The Castle.esp
*Eli_Rockin Red Rocket.esp
*Vivid Waters - VW.esp
*CorvalhoWidowShotgun.esp
*PowerArmorT49.esp
*Eli_Bunker.esp
*female_player_soldier_fix_robot.esp
*M1Garand.esp
*OWR.esp
*AtomicRadio.esp
*ASCOCait02.esp
*ASCOCurie03.esp
*ASCODanse01.esp
*ASCOMacCready01.esp
*ASCOPiper02.esp
*Clean Water - Clear - Rads.esp
*Colored Highlights CC.esp
*KSHairdos.esp
*Companion Infinite Ammo and Unbreakable Power Armour.esp
*Craftable Armor Size - Fix Material Requirements.esp
*Craftable Armor Size.esp
*Crafting Workbench.esp
*Crafting Workbenches - Ammo.esp
*Crafting Workbenches - Ammo Special.esp
*Crafting Workbenches - Automatron DLC.esp
*CutWeaponModsRestored.esp
*CutWeaponModsRestored-FarHarbor.esp
*CWMR-Patch-AWKCR.esp
*CWMR-FH-Patch-ValdacilsItemSorting-DLCFarHarbor.esp
*CWMR-Patch-ValdacilsItemSorting-Weapons.esp
*Deathclaw Hunter Armor.esp
*Deathclaw Hunter - AWKCR Patch.esp
*EasyHacking.esp
*EasyLockpicking.esp
*Eli_ArmourCollection.esp
*dD-Enhanced Blood Basic.esp
*FALLOUT4WT.esp
*HUE Handmade Unique Eyes - Witcher.esp
*HUE_Standalone_01.esp
*HAAS.esp
*HAAS - Automatron.esp
*Crimsomrider's Illusive Man's Eyes.esp
*ImmersiveVendors.esp
*LegendaryModification.esp
*LegendaryModificationMisc.esp
*M1Garand - AWKCR-VIS.esp
*Perk Magazine Material Fix.esp
*AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
*SC_ExpandedScrapList.esp
*VaultSuitUnzipped.esp
*Immersive HUD.esp
*NoNegativeAffinityNof*#@s.esp
*ShortAffinityCooldown.esp
*ExtendedHairColors.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting - Super Mutant Redux.esp
*DX_Atom_Girl_Outfit.esp
*Armorsmith Extended.esp
*RaiderOverhaul.esp
*Armorsmith All DLCs Patch.esp
*Armorsmith Elianora.esp
*Armorsmith Deserter X.esp
*zgcquiet.esp
*Raider Overhaul - AE Patch-Restored Content-VIS.esp
*Raider Overhaul - AE Patch-Restored Content.esp
*Clothing Of The Commonwealth.esp

Thx in advance
TheRaOct
Edit: corrected loadorder
Edited by TheRaOct

I've read complaints and warnings about this on some or other Power Armour mod, but can't remember which one.

On another note, I see that you have the UnofficialFallout4Patch sitting below a few other plug-ins, which hopefully means you don't have any of the DLC. If you do have one or more of the DLC then that patch must be sitting right underneath those...

On another note, I see that you have the UnofficialFallout4Patch sitting below a few other plug-ins, which hopefully means you don't have any of the DLC. If you do have one or more of the DLC then that patch must be sitting right underneath those...

Good point, but since that part of my load order hasn't changed for a long time i don't think that that's the cause of my problem.

I've read complaints and warnings about this on some or other Power Armour mod, but can't remember which one.

I thought so, but unfortunately I have no mod installed which makes any changes to my default power armor and i haven't used any of my modded power armors.

On further examination, i think it might has to do something with the Atom Girl Outfit sice this is the outfit I have been using in both playthroughs in which this bug occured. Can anyone confirm this, or is that just a coincidence?

Good point, but since that part of my load order hasn't changed for a long time i don't think that that's the cause of my problem.

That depends on what's in the patch and what's in ArmorKeyWords, for instance :wink:

Normally, the patch must be loaded before ArmorKeyWords...

Here's the top of my load order, after Fallout4.esm and all of the DLC, as sorted by LOOT:

*Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
*DLC_MainMenu.esm
*SpringCleaning.esm
*SettlementKeywords.esm
*Homemaker.esm
*EthreonMasterPlan.esp
*ArmorKeywords.esm

Now that you've said it, it makes sense ^^ i've updated some of those mods prior to my last two plathrought, but UFP not... so i guess i'll fix that and hope it fixes my problem.

Thx @JimmyRJump

Edit: Fun Fact: im using LOOT too, but it doesn't sort my load order with the UFP beneath my DLC^^

Edited by TheRaOct

Edit: Fun Fact: im using LOOT too, but it doesn't sort my load order with the UFP beneath my DLC^^

I had it in the past but can't remember if it was due to the game's version or LOOT's version. I had to manually reposition the UF4P to underneath the DLC plug-ins. I'm now at v1.8.7 of the game with v10.2 of LOOT and NMM v0.63.11.

I had it in the past but can't remember if it was due to the game's version or LOOT's version. I had to manually reposition the UF4P to underneath the DLC plug-ins (I'm using NMM v0.63.11). I'm now at v1.8.7 of the game with v10.2 of LOOT.

Same here. I guess i'll just sort it manually and be done with it :D

Well, I know it's probably been checked, but just in case, you do know the Atom Girl outfit increases carry weight, right? So as soon as you entered a PA, your max carry weight will drop since you don't gain active effects from your regular clothing in a PA frame. This is why backpack mods can be pretty annoying for me. Well, a reason anyway.

Well, I know it's probably been checked, but just in case, you do know the Atom Girl outfit increases carry weight, right? So as soon as you entered a PA, your max carry weight will drop since you don't gain active effects from your regular clothing in a PA frame. This is why backpack mods can be pretty annoying for me. Well, a reason anyway.

Yes I already figured that out and i found something very interesting (even after correcting my loadorder):

sometime into the playthrough my carryweight gets completely messed up, instead of 250 base i have something like 203 (depending on time in my playthrough) as a base value and even console commands won't change that.

After some testing i found out that it has something to do with entering Power Armor: My character has a base carryweight of 250, if I enter Power Armor 310 (everything normal there). Although when I have the Atom Girl Outfit on (carryweight ->300) and enter Power Armor it goes to 310. But when I leave it again it goes down to 258! (If i reequip the Atom Girl Outfit immedeatly after that it goes back to 300) I haven't recognised that at first and I assume it accumulates over the time and comepletly messes up my carryweight.

So i assume it has something to do with that Outfit. I have already contacted the mod author, maybe he can offer some help. Would be a shame if I couldn't use that Outfit anymore :(

Can't see the Atomic Girl outfit in TheRaOct's mod list (reading glasses are dirty, probably), but, there's a solution in the form of the UNNaked Power Armor mod, which lets you stack whatever stats of whatever armor/clothing/PA you're wearing :wink: