Carry Weight Bug/Glitch

TheRaOct

Well, I know it's probably been checked, but just in case, you do know the Atom Girl outfit increases carry weight, right? So as soon as you entered a PA, your max carry weight will drop since you don't gain active effects from your regular clothing in a PA frame. This is why backpack mods can be pretty annoying for me. Well, a reason anyway.

Can't see the Atomic Girl outfit in TheRaOct's mod list (reading glasses are dirty, probably), but, there's a solution in the form of the UNNaked Power Armor mod, which lets you stack whatever stats of whatever armor/clothing/PA you're wearing :wink:

Yeah, somehow, it didn't copy my load order corretly, edited my first post to correct it. I'll do some testing with that mod tomorrow and hope it at least prevents my game from getting messed up... Thanks for the mod recomendation ;)

Well, I know it's probably been checked, but just in case, you do know the Atom Girl outfit increases carry weight, right? So as soon as you entered a PA, your max carry weight will drop since you don't gain active effects from your regular clothing in a PA frame. This is why backpack mods can be pretty annoying for me. Well, a reason anyway.

Can't see the Atomic Girl outfit in TheRaOct's mod list (reading glasses are dirty, probably), but, there's a solution in the form of the UNNaked Power Armor mod, which lets you stack whatever stats of whatever armor/clothing/PA you're wearing :wink:

I gotta look into that PA mod myself, the AnS wearable packs mod has a plugin to mod carryweight onto frames, which had been my next port of call in trying to fix this annoyance in my own game. Thanks for the tip.

Oct, is it possible you may have added and removed carryweight altering mods at some point without removing any related items ingame first? I ask just cause it's the kind of thing I expect myself to do (constantly), it seems like there could be a remnant disembodied value in your save somewhere which is causing what you're seeing. The freaky non rounded numbers make me wonder if a percentage modifier is floating around in the ether somewhere. Does this wierd s#*! happen in newly created saves? Evidently you've looked into this pretty thoroughly already, so I'm really just throwing out alternatives in the hopes you can nail it.

Hope you can get it fixed up.

Oct, is it possible you may have added and removed carryweight altering mods at some point without removing any related items ingame first? I ask just cause it's the kind of thing I expect myself to do (constantly), it seems like there could be a remnant disembodied value in your save somewhere which is causing what you're seeing. The freaky non rounded numbers make me wonder if a percentage modifier is floating around in the ether somewhere. Does this wierd s*** happen in newly created saves? Evidently you've looked into this pretty thoroughly already, so I'm really just throwing out alternatives in the hopes you can nail it.

In my first playthrough on which this bug appeared, i thought it might be something like that, so i decided to reinstall my Fallout 4 and reinstallled + updated all my mods. But after some time in the second playthrough (during which i didn't install/uninstall any mods) it happend again...

So due to that and the fact that i can reproduce that bug on a fresh game (as described above) i think i pretty much narrowed it down to the Atom Girl Outfit and the carryweight buff it applies combined with power armor...

I got a response from the mod author, so if anyone is interested:

"- After some testing -

Short: Yeah indeed what you describe is what happens and it's normal.

Long: When you enter the PA the items get unequipped and your +50 carry weigth goes away and it's been replaced by the +60 PA bonus and what you wear has no weight. (310 total)

When you exit it you loose the PA bonus and you go down to 250 + 8 for the equipment you wear without enchantments. Unfortunately you need to re-equip your items if they give stat bonuses when you exit a PA. I think this is a game bug. When you reequip them everything returns to normal and you have your normal + 50. (300 total)."

• 3 weeks later...
There are a couple of mods Carry weight Wedding Ring and Ring of Krwada that boost your carry weight. I use the Ring of Krwada which reduces the times that I have to "dump the junk" and I also use the weightless junk mod, which enables me to carry loads of junk around so that I can repair armour anywhere and build wherever I want/can.