Rack & Pinion Bolt Launcher AKA AutoCrossbow Rifle

DisGuyOvahEere

I was impressed with the animations and modeling done in the Crossbows of the Commonwealth mod, but the damage even when fully upgraded did not balance as high as other weapons and gave little reason to put resources into making the weapon or its ammunition when other vanilla weapons performed better with easy to find ammunition in the early game.

Sure i could just ask for the mod to be respec'd so overall the crossbows and ammunition did more damage, but that seems like too diminutive a change for anyone to give a f***.

so instead i propose a new mod altogether, the Auto Crossbow!

its lore friendly!

it can work using vanilla animations!

the only thing it would need is a new model (for gun and arrows), textures, and a firing/loosing sound.
do whatever you want with customization like sights, ammunition types, interchangeable parts, and legendary versions to be found in select dungeons.
i would like it to be compatible with the see through combat sight mod but as long as it has good (not crazy small like the mauser rifle mod) iron sights or a reflex sight.
maybe have a pipe gun type appearance of wood and rusted metal instead of plastic composites.

for those wondering how an auto crossbow would even work, take a look at this video:

maybe the ROF could be customizable like how he changes from 1st gear to 2nd gear in the video

i hope someone takes up this challenge.

-UPDATED-
maybe it should be an underhanded weapon like the chain gun given the finished product of the example

Edited by DisGuyOvahEere