TOOLSET: Areas don't appear in viewing window

NuminousMyth

Six months ago the Toolset worked fine on this laptop, so I am baffled as to why it now fails to load the 3D models and environment. I am tempted to reset my laptop to factory settings so that I can start afresh. Not sure what else to do.

Too bad I didn't see this before you reverted to factory settings. Just in case, did you have the restore feature enabled? Restoring to a previous restore point could have shown if there was some update messing up. Anyway, that's still something to keep in mind if that happens again, or to somebody else (I didn't say it will fix the issue though, but that's a step to try before erasing everything).

• 2 weeks later...

After uninstalling NWN a second time I couldn't find any configuration files in the Documents folder or any other folder.

late to the party, but the toolset config files are stored at "c:\users\username\appdata\local\NWN2 Toolset". deleting or moving this folder will reset the toolset. if the folder structure is non-existent it will be recreated everytime you start the toolset. if there're ever any further problems with the editor, try to clean your game's override folder and reset all the settings.

• 3 years later...

The second step, if it set up effectively however did not solve the issue, would be to try putting in the .NET framework it needs, but I do not know which model it's miles free training from fintexec. It's possible that more moderen versions of Windows do not crash if it's not present, however fail to work properly.