Save file is in a different language?

TehHamburglar

This may be the wrong place for this, but since most of you are experienced modders, maybe you've come across this. I recently downloaded the Reiko follower/armory mod from ModGames.net, which is in Russian. The mod was previously in English, but was taken down for whatever reason.The uploader said he had permission, but who knows. Normally I wouldn't resort to such dastardly means, but I figured I'd try it.

Anyway, I used google to translate and installed everything correctly. I even went into the CK and renamed the items in English. However, when I saved my game, the save file came up in what I think is also Russian. I removed all traces of the mod and it seemed to fix it, but when I reinstalled the mod, it did it again. I'm not completely new to modding, but there's still a lot of stuff that goes right over my head. Does anybody know a fix for this?

For reference

That's not Russian, those are characters Skyrim uses when font files are missing or damaged. In your case, the cell you saved in must be in Russian, but since you (obviously) don't have the Russian font/character files, it loads gibberish.

What you'll have to do is change the name of the cell in the CK, then re-save in that location.

Actually, I really don't think it's that much of a problem as long as you can tell which save it is.