Night spawn script

MrNeedles

Thank you so much, that was precisely what I needed! One question though, wouldn't the script disable the creatures at 6 am. even during battle / while otherwise visible to the player?

Oh ya , your right ... I edited the script above for that contingency.

Thanks again. If the mod gets released, I'll make sure to give you credit for the script!

Well no need for that ... it's nothing you couldn't of figured out by me pasting the wiki link.

So it is working then though ? Just come back if not.

Sadly it isn't. I cannot even enter and save the script, since every time I try I get the following message:

SCRIPTS: Script '(null)' line 2:

Script command "00WretchedNight.Enable" not found.

Context: DEFAULT

"Yes to all" will disable all warnings for this context.

Might this have something to do with choosing the wrong script type? Or did I just enter something wrong? I'm sorry for bothering you again, but I have the feeling I couldn't wrap my head around scripting if my life depended on it if I see stuff like that message...

Sadly it isn't. I cannot even enter and save the script, since every time I try I get the following message:

SCRIPTS: Script '(null)' line 2:

Script command "00WretchedNight.Enable" not found.

Context: DEFAULT

"Yes to all" will disable all warnings for this context.

Might this have something to do with choosing the wrong script type? Or did I just enter something wrong? I'm sorry for bothering you again, but I have the feeling I couldn't wrap my head around scripting if my life depended on it if I see stuff like that message...

There may be another problem ... but the glaring obvious problem is "00WretchedNight.Enable"

Using numbers as the prefix to any form-ID is the problem ... they do work for somethings , but scripts in particular cannot work with them. So as a rule of thumb ... never use them.

It's not a point that is well publicized ... many people have done and still do it ... I myself was doing it for about year , till it reared its ugly head and some searching informed me of the problems. So don't feel dumb for having done it.

Edited by Mktavish

Sorry for bothering you again, just wanted to let you know that I got a slightly modified version of your original script to work which goes like this:

SCN WretchedNightspawnSCRIPT

BEGIN GameMode

If GetCurrentTime >= 18.0 || GetCurrentTime <= 6.0

WretchedNightspawn1.Enable

elseif WretchedNightspawn1.IsInCombat != 1

WretchedNightspawn1.Disable

endif

endif

End

Unfortunately though, this script only works for a single, unique RefID, while my idea was to place various leveld creatures in the gameworld and make them spawn at night close to the subway entrances. Do I have to make a script for each reference now, or include each reference in the script? Is there an easier way?