Bethesda should do more to reward and promote modders

4allout

Um... okay. Bold text aside, we're not talking about state incorporation. We're talking about Federal regulation of a publicly-traded company... as I clearly stated. State laws do not come into play at any time. That's a nice bit of fast searching to dig that up, but the behavior of a corporate director as mandated by state law is not what I've mentioned, at all.

You did not "clearly" state that you were referring to Federal law at all. There is no mention of the word "federal" in your post. So can you please point to a Federal law that says that a corporation must only perform actions that it believes will positively affect its bottom line?

Edited by Reneer

Are you okay? You see a little aggressively bonkers, for a subject you chose to jump in on to tell a stranger they are WRONG!!111!11, while proceeding to quote a small fragment of state law that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

But since you ask: if you knew anything about the regulations of public corporations - which I did, in fact, clearly mention - then you would have known that of course this is in regards to the Federal, and not State, level.

You might want to step away from the keyboard and take a few deep breaths.

Are you okay? You see a little aggressively bonkers, for a subject you chose to jump in on to tell a stranger they are WRONG!!111!11, while proceeding to quote a small fragment of state law that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

But since you ask: if you knew anything about the regulations of public corporations - which I did, in fact, clearly mention - then you would have known that of course this is in regards to the Federal, and not State, level.

You might want to step away from the keyboard and take a few deep breaths.

Since you are clearly educated regarding the regulation of corporations within the United States at the Federal level, please, be so kind as to enlighten those of us here in this thread who lack such knowledge or are misinformed on the matter. Edited by Reneer

Since you are clearly educated regarding the regulation of corporations within the United States at the Federal level, please, be so kind as to enlighten those of us here in this thread who lack such knowledge or are misinformed on the matter.

Also those of us that don't live in America.

Although the fact that modding is international probably adds many issues too - different laws and whatnot in different countries.

I think letting a majority of the modding community vote for a mod to then be packaged into a DLC bethesda has to publish and market would be nice.

In return: Bethesda would promise for a small percentage of the profits of the DLC to go to the mod authors involved, but ALSO to help support modders in general in some way.

For this to work the mods would have to already be proven in their released free-form state . As a result what needs to be done for the DLC IS bethesda committ to a promise to help each author produce their next upgraded version for purpose of the DLC being worthwhile.

This idea does atleast fit as promotion of a sort. Not just of the individuals but of the community as a whole.

Edited by IRUseDrug

IRUseDrug, on 11 Jan 2017 - 7:43 PM, said:IRUseDrug, on 11 Jan 2017 - 7:43 PM, said:IRUseDrug, on 11 Jan 2017 - 7:43 PM, said:IRUseDrug, on 11 Jan 2017 - 7:43 PM, said:

I think letting a majority of the modding community vote for a mod to then be packaged into a DLC bethesda has to publish and market would be nice.

In return: Bethesda would promise for a small percentage of the profits of the DLC to go to the mod authors involved, but ALSO to help support modders in general in some way.

For this to work the mods would have to already be proven in their released free-form state . As a result what needs to be done for the DLC IS bethesda committ to a promise to help each author produce their next upgraded version for purpose of the DLC being worthwhile.

This idea does atleast fit as promotion of a sort. Not just of the individuals but of the community as a whole.

They sort of already tried that and every teenager and tween got on the internet and raged.

I most certainly can recall that there were a whole lot of very popular mod authors that were definitely on board with "it" and they all got threatened and raged at.

Ton of damage control and people begging for forgiveness to a largely ungrateful end-user base, that for months trolled all mod-authors.

This of course led to a mass leaving of mod-authors due to I don't need that stress.

Of course the community at large is now with a smaller population of active authors and a far greater number of end-users due to console mod support.

If this comes up again it will be due to other companies trying to force Microsoft and Sony to get rid of modding.

For reasons I think are a bit too obvious.

Edited by gamefever

IRUseDrug, on 11 Jan 2017 - 7:43 PM, said:IRUseDrug, on 11 Jan 2017 - 7:43 PM, said:IRUseDrug, on 11 Jan 2017 - 7:43 PM, said:IRUseDrug, on 11 Jan 2017 - 7:43 PM, said:

They sort of already tried that and every teenager and tween got on the internet and raged.

I most certainly can recall that there were a whole lot of very popular mod authors that were definitely on board with "it" and they all got threatened and raged at.

Ton of damage control and people begging for forgiveness to a largely ungrateful end-user base, that for months trolled all mod-authors.

This of course led to a mass leaving of mod-authors due to I don't need that stress.

Of course the community at large is now with a smaller population of active authors and a far greater number of end-users due to console mod support.

If this comes up again it will be due to other companies trying to force Microsoft and Sony to get rid of modding.

For reasons I think are a bit too obvious.

Wow. Then it sounds like we have an equally challenging problem with the community not being supportive as we do with our creation kits crashing if our headphone jack accidentally got ripped out. (literally happened to me)

Good luck trying to tell Bethesda what to do. If they were to implement a system to "reward" modders, it would simply be the re-introduction of paid modding. Is that what you want?

Edit: another thing you need to keep in mind is that there are a lot of mods that have been ported/uploaded to Bethesda.Net by other modders with permission from the original author. If the uploader was to suddenly receive some sort of reward, free games, cash, whatever, from Bethesda, don't you think the original author might feel a little pissed off at missing out on such reward? Plus it would be a huge incentive for mod theft.

Edited by steve40

Good luck trying to tell Bethesda what to do. If they were to implement a system to "reward" modders, it would simply be the re-introduction of paid modding. Is that what you want?

Yes. :tongue:

giphy.gif