Heavy Traffic ×

[Tutorial] How to swap characters - Swapping Mods Guide

Briarbird

If you would be so nice I would love it! I also would love to help you somehow so here is the place where I found her appearance (dlc\bob\data\quests\main_npcs\anna_henrietta )

If there is anyway I could help you, I would love to!

Edited by pozitiv122

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will load up the game and find the appearance information I need. In that file there are actually 7 different outfits. I will do a complete replacement for you, including Yenn's epilogue appearance, ie the Corvo Biano visit.

And you want this for all of Yenn's appearances, right? With the dress?

Or did you want some to be head/hair only?

So you want that hair on yenn all the time? Do you want her to have henrietta's face too? The color is tied to the hair file, so Yenn will be blonde.

Alright, just read your edited reply. I will make the full replacement though on inspection it doesn't seem that yenn has a seperate epilogue eile, so that's great, however I may have to go in and add color entries, so this may take longer then I expected since that dress seems to be a generic file, unlike all her other dresses. Give me a little bit.

Edited by xcrstfallenstrx

Alright, so... this is a temp version, unless you decide you like it. It just replaces the hair and face for all Yenn's outfits. There is an entry for her dress that's missing and is buried in another file, ie a crowd npc randomly named file, so until I find it, the bottom of the dress is invisible. It might take a while, and I don't have any more time to spend on this tonight. Took me about 8 hours to do something similar for Triss, I made a replacement outfit for her using NPC crowd items, and gathering all the color entries and parts it was very difficult to find everything.

Just like any other manual mod. Extract and drop it in your mods folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7okpsqazop4p0zt/Yenn%20to%20AnnaHenrietta.rar?dl=0

Edited by xcrstfallenstrx

It didn't seem to work for some reason? Maybe it's because I saw it on a yenn from the mod "https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2459/" But I didn't get to see yen from they game so maybe it applied there/ Thank you tho!

Edit* didn't work on a Original Yen aswell :/ Did I place the folder in the wrong place?

Edited by pozitiv122

You may not be installing the mod properly. I tested it in my game on 3 different versions of Yenn. Took screenshots. Works fine. If you are using another Yenn mod they may conflict and you'd need scriptmerger to fix it. If they are both appearence mods, or swaps, then they can't be used together.

Check standard mod installation protocol.

I was going to finish up the other version for you tonight when I got home from work. Had many difficulties due to the baw skirts and skeletons thing. Had to find alternatives. However, if you don't know how/where to install the mod it would be pointless for me to finish until you do.

And your other mods work properly? Mods that call a character will not call a modded version as they call that specific characters file. There's notes about it in this tutorial. I'm not sure why it won't work for you. I will try to repack it at home, but it is working forme. Very strange.