[Tutorial] How to swap characters - Swapping Mods Guide

Briarbird

Hello! I wanted to fill the land with Scoia'tael. Like, switch villages in the middle of nowhere tô nonhumans. Is that possible through this mettod? I do need some guidance. Thank any helping soul in advance

I would say no, and not because it's totally impossible but because it would take so long it wouldn't be worth it. First you'd have to find every possible dwarf/elf appearance, and then you'd have to go through and replace each and every character file. Some have around 60 separate appearances in them. Then there's the fact that you'd have to individually color each piece of clothing(shirt, pants, boots) for every single character you replace since for the generic clothing the colors are embedded in the appearance file, and not to the actual pieces of clothing.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chances are I'm dumb, but I simply can't make the crowd swaps work. The mod in mods folder has nothing inside,which is probably causing it not to work. Any thoughts?

Well if there's nothing in the mod in the mods folder then it seems like you haven't generated one. After you have made, what I am guessing is a minimum of 60 appearance swaps, and coded all the clothing properly (otherwise red body everywhere), all the files you've changed should be listed in the mod explorer left side panel. Then you should be selecting 'pack and install mod'. If that doesn't create the mod files then it may be outside my purview as that seems more of a technical issue than anything having to do with this technique.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I’m trying to change Geralt’s body to Dettlaff, but I can’t find his body anywhere ...

I searched in folder quests \ main_npcs folder, everything is there except Geralt.

I found only \ bodyparts \ geralt_items, but Geralt’s body is not there.

Tell me, pls, where to look for it?

Edited by Tokedo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Briarbird

What's the name of the Butler's file? (Barnabas) Is he listed as another entity in the dlc folder? I can't find him as "Barnabas", "majordomo", "Butler".

I'm trying to swap the Butler to look like Damian. I know you've already done it with other characters but I can't open your existing mod in the toolkit to see it.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by DJlarryt

• 4 weeks later...

So I was able to swap Yennefer with other characters during the Skellige main quest (when you go into the castle with her), but then I tried to swap Keira Metz with Yennefer (during Wandering in the Dark) but it didn't seem to work at all. I go into the appearance section and then remove all Keira's IncludedTemplates for each number and then paste in Yennefer's and I do this for both of Keira's files (in secondary_npcs and part 2 quest files) but there is no effect (ran the script merger and no conflicts came up). I tried it again outside the quest by walking into her house and it is still Keira standing there.

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by ninxdra

• 2 months later...