[Tutorial] How to swap characters - Swapping Mods Guide

Briarbird

I've attempted to swap Vesemir for Geralt for the first quest/tutorial scenes - I swapped both of Vesemir's files and... He comes out invisible. Any ideas?

Not sure why this would be. It might be the Geralt appearence you are using. I did make a mod of this nature for myself. It's vesemir to geralt in vesemir's armor. I can share it with you if you want.

Also, no matter what I do, whenever I swap Triss' entire appearence, her necklace stays. How can I deal with that?

Which Necklace are you referring to?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've attempted to swap Vesemir for Geralt for the first quest/tutorial scenes - I swapped both of Vesemir's files and... He comes out invisible. Any ideas?

Not sure why this would be. It might be the Geralt appearence you are using. I did make a mod of this nature for myself. It's vesemir to geralt in vesemir's armor. I can share it with you if you want.

Also, no matter what I do, whenever I swap Triss' entire appearence, her necklace stays. How can I deal with that?

Which Necklace are you referring to?

As for Vesemir: I wanted to swap him in the opening scene, in Kaer Morhen, but sadly he always came out invisible, so I kinda gave up.

Triss: Her amulet that she's always wearing. I dealt with that already, I just turned her neck slot in the EQ from true to false and it disappeared :)

• 3 months later...

Well, that was the exact same mod I posted originally. I downloaded it extracted it and put it right into my game, then reuploaded just the folder, so now idea why you were having a problem before.

That dress as a whole can't be applied to any of the HOS or main game characters. I thought I was missing a string and thats why it was invisible, but BaW skirts are funny. As I said in an earlier post, the skeleton's for the skirt pieces can't be applied on the earlier characters, they are different somehow. It's actually commented on by the creator of this tutorial. I was able to find a dress similar to Henrietta's black dress in another part of the game. I'm actually just looking for an individual hood file that I can recolor for Yenn's hooded self, and it will be done, so I can post as is, if you prefer. That's her hooded outfit, not her travel outfit, cause they aren't the same.

It should be noted that gender swaps are unusual. They don't really work. So if you are trying to dress men in women's clothes with a mod Henrietta's dresses would probably not be the best choice, and none of the bottoms can be enabled on HOS or main game characters. You should try for the Lambert or Eskel sorceress dress files as those would probably give a better swap. There is an existing swap mod that's YenntoGeralt, and it will show you what I mean.

Beyond that, while you can see what files I modified, I don't think there's any way for you to see exactly what strings I used, and since it seems you have not read the whole tutorial since much of this is included at the end I would recommend that you read it. It does take some searching cause not everything is explained in great detail, and there's a lot of trial and error involved, but you'll be on your way in no time.

Hi! Just started to try modding myself a few days back and found your comments really useful, so just wanted to thank you.

I wanted to try to make Yen wear a pea-green dress (the one found at Corvo Bianco room, I saw a BaW woman wearing it), so just checking, the only way I can do that is just to try and find alternatives for the skirt since it would most likely not be possible right due to the special skeleton thing right?

Well, that was the exact same mod I posted originally. I downloaded it extracted it and put it right into my game, then reuploaded just the folder, so now idea why you were having a problem before.

That dress as a whole can't be applied to any of the HOS or main game characters. I thought I was missing a string and thats why it was invisible, but BaW skirts are funny. As I said in an earlier post, the skeleton's for the skirt pieces can't be applied on the earlier characters, they are different somehow. It's actually commented on by the creator of this tutorial. I was able to find a dress similar to Henrietta's black dress in another part of the game. I'm actually just looking for an individual hood file that I can recolor for Yenn's hooded self, and it will be done, so I can post as is, if you prefer. That's her hooded outfit, not her travel outfit, cause they aren't the same.

It should be noted that gender swaps are unusual. They don't really work. So if you are trying to dress men in women's clothes with a mod Henrietta's dresses would probably not be the best choice, and none of the bottoms can be enabled on HOS or main game characters. You should try for the Lambert or Eskel sorceress dress files as those would probably give a better swap. There is an existing swap mod that's YenntoGeralt, and it will show you what I mean.

Beyond that, while you can see what files I modified, I don't think there's any way for you to see exactly what strings I used, and since it seems you have not read the whole tutorial since much of this is included at the end I would recommend that you read it. It does take some searching cause not everything is explained in great detail, and there's a lot of trial and error involved, but you'll be on your way in no time.

Hi! Just started to try modding myself a few days back and found your comments really useful, so just wanted to thank you.

I wanted to try to make Yen wear a pea-green dress (the one found at Corvo Bianco room, I saw a BaW woman wearing it), so just checking, the only way I can do that is just to try and find alternatives for the skirt since it would most likely not be possible right due to the special skeleton thing right?

You're welcome. I'm happy to help if I can.

You are correct. You would need to match the dress with a separate skirt. In the tutorial it's under #4 where the poster specifies matching anna henrietta's dress with iris's skirt because they are similar.

You're welcome. I'm happy to help if I can.

You are correct. You would need to match the dress with a separate skirt. In the tutorial it's under #4 where the poster specifies matching anna henrietta's dress with iris's skirt because they are similar.

Thank you for the confirmation!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...