Templar Feathered Helmet

jasperz0r

I only have one request. One desire. I've been looking for 2 years now and nobody has done this. I tried doing it myself and failed. Miserably. All I want is a craftable version of the feathered (or winged if you will) Templar helmet.

It's a sin that it wasn't added in the first place

I've gone through all the Templar meshes available in the ModMaker. There is only one mesh for the winged officer helmet, and it is actually attached to one singular set of heavy Templar body armor. From what I can tell, it's made to work with randomly-generated faces for male human NPCs only.

I'm not a mesh modder, but from what I understand, splicing the helmet mesh from the body armor mesh of an NPC wouldn't work with the tools we have now. The game is really fussy about mesh adjustments anyway (crashes, failure to render, etc.), and it seems your request would be doubly difficult to accomplish. It would essentially have to be converted from an NPC body type to an equipment type for the PC, then be made compatible with male and female humans, elves, and dwarves.

I'm guessing that is why it hasn't happened yet.

TL;DR - As cool as it would be to have something like this, it looks like an unfortunate impossibility for now.

I've gone through all the Templar meshes available in the ModMaker. There is only one mesh for the winged officer helmet, and it is actually attached to one singular set of heavy Templar body armor. From what I can tell, it's made to work with randomly-generated faces for male human NPCs only.

I'm not a mesh modder, but from what I understand, splicing the helmet mesh from the body armor mesh of an NPC wouldn't work with the tools we have now. The game is really fussy about mesh adjustments anyway (crashes, failure to render, etc.)

Yes, these are exactly the same issues I faced. No matter what I tried it just would not render, and after a number of tries everything just crashes. So I gave up.

Well, s#*!. It seems like we'll just have to hold out hope that it'll be added in Dragon Age 4, since it seems highly unlikely lazy Bioware is gonna release more tools for DAI, let alone new schematics/armors.

BioWare isn't being lazy. EA declared that ALL of their AAA titles would use the FrostBite engine, and DICE is responsible for the FrostBite. So it's Dice's job to produce a Toolset. (Both DICE and BioWare are owned by EA.)

Last time anyone from DICE spoke publically about the idea of a Toolset all they would say was that they, "wouldn't rule it out." That was five years ago...

Last time anyone from DICE spoke publically about the idea of a Toolset all they would say was that they, "wouldn't rule it out." That was five years ago...

5 years ago? That's impressive, considering the game is not even 3 years old.

You misread what I said. I said the last time anyone from DICE commented publically on the issue of a toolset, [for the FrostBite engine] which was first used for Battlefield: Bad Company in 2008, was five years ago. (And actually, it was closer to seven. I just checked...)