Construction Set crashing

Hell,

Do exist patch to fix oblivion construction set crashing when I eddit nipc face.

The set is always crashing I will be not able to finish my little mod with that.

Can it be fixed?

I am on window 10.

Edited by marob307

Known bug with most later Windows versions. We have it with Win7-64bit. The workaround is, when you first bring up an NPC, click on the "Full" and "Head" preview buttons (bottom right corner of the NPC window) -- BEFORE you click on the Face or Face Advanced tabs. If you get any error messages answer Yes to All.

Edited by TheMastersSon

Have you tried the Construction Set Extender?

I use the CS (with CSE) on a fully updated 64-bit Windows 10 and I have not had any issues. Editing an NPC face also works like a charm. But I have not tested the original Construction Set by itself, only with the Construction Set Extender, so it could be that original CS has some issues. But then again, that would hardly come as a surprise... :whistling:

Edit: According to the CSE comments section, you had some issues getting the CSE to work. Did you remember to install all the prerequisites (listed in the readme)?

Edit 2: You should try the suggestion by TheMastersSon first.

Edited by Contrathetix

I didn't success to install CSE. It don't want to launch. I don't know why I try everything. (window 10 64 bites also)

yer all perequisite installed.

The launch didn't work.

do you have suggestion, maybe wrong installation.

Have you tried the suggestion by TheMastersSon? About the full actor thing before sliders or such (the first reply to this thread)? If not, you should try it first, to see if it helps. If it works, then that might be the easiest solution.

About the CSE... it needs to be launched through obse_loader.exe like this:

obse_loader.exe -editor -notimeout

There is a "Launch CSE.bat" file that comes with the CSE and does that for you. You will also need to right-click the properties of obse_loader.exe and check the compatibility section checkbox to run it as administrator.

Does it say anything before it closes? As in, does it just crash/close/something, or is there a message displayed? The CSE can display an error message if

1. obse_loader.exe is not run with administrator rights (can be fixed by changing the compatibility options)
  2. you have the CS/CSE/game installed under a Program Files folder (one workaround for this used to be running the "Launch CSE.bat" in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode but not anymore, I think)

If you have ENB or something like it installed, you need to rename the "d3d9.dll" to something else (like "_d3d9.dll") before starting the CSE.

Edited by Contrathetix

Hmm. Have you made sure that

• you have the latest version of the Construction Set installed (1.2, not 1.0)
  • the game and CS are installed outside the Program Files folder
  • all the prerequisites really are met (you will need the x86 version of the VC++ redistributables as well, even on a 64-bit system, since the programs are 32-bit)
  • you have renamed d3d9.dll to d3d9_banana.dll (to make sure it does not get loaded, because it will cause issues with the CSE)
  • you are starting the editor with Launch CSE.bat (it came with the CSE)

Does the CSE say anything before it crashes? Is there some kind of a message shown? Or does it just crash when you launch it?

my game is installed in programme file (x86) steam version of oblivion

64 bites system

all perequisite are installed

I have 1.2 version but a more modern directx

d3 renamed

no obse launcher because I am on a steam version.

no the laucher didn't boot (cse)

But I can give a screen shot of my installation.

It is not possible to use the CSE inside a Program Files folder. If you try to launch the CSE inside a Program Files folder, it will tell you that there was an issue, and that the Construction Set Extender log will have more info. The info in the file will most likely tell you that you should not run the CSE inside a protected folder of sorts, and that means you should not be running it inside a Program Files folder. In Windows 7, there used to be an option to run a batchfile (.bat) in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode which allowed one to bypass that limitation in the CSE, but I cannot find any compatibility options on batchfiles in Windows 10 anymore.

You will also need the obse_loader.exe with the Steam version of Oblivion. While you cannot launch the game with it, you still need it to launch the Construction Set Extender. If you do not have obse_loader.exe, then you cannot launch the CSE (as far as I know). The "Launch CSE.bat" basically does the thing I mentioned previously (you can open it in whichever text editor you want to check):

obse_loader.exe -editor -notimeout

So if you do not have obse_loader.exe, then the "Launch CSE.bat" will not do anything, either. I think that is the first one if your issues, and the reason why you cannot start the CSE. As I mentioned, with a Steam version of Oblivion, you do not need obse_loader.exe to launch the game, but you will need it to run the CSE. :thumbsup:

When I have the time later today, I will take a screenshot of my Oblivion folder and highlight the important things in it.

Edited by Contrathetix

Here is a screenshot of my CSE setup in the spoiler with a couple of things highlighted, if it helps. Not too professional-looking, but at least it is something. :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/XE0qTRV.jpg

Also, I noticed TesaPlus has offered to help you in the CSE comments section. I hope you will get your issues sorted out one day. Good luck! :thumbsup: