"ghost" file removal?

Arneercool

A few weeks ago i removed quite a few items from my load order and everything has been working perfectly since, BUT, today i decided to have a look around to see if there was any more cleaning to be done before starting a new playthrough.

And i noticed that a mod had left behind something. I have manually gone over every single nexus and fallout file on my drive, and while i did find some related stuff and deleted it, it just won't go from my load order.

Soo? how to remove this ocd trigger??

http://imgur.com/Say1J8u

A few weeks ago i removed quite a few items from my load order and everything has been working perfectly since, BUT, today i decided to have a look around to see if there was any more cleaning to be done before starting a new playthrough.

And i noticed that a mod had left behind something. I have manually gone over every single nexus and fallout file on my drive, and while i did find some related stuff and deleted it, it just won't go from my load order.

Soo? how to remove this ocd trigger??

http://imgur.com/Say1J8u

what program is used to install your mods with?

Yes, or the remnants of it.

I'm not sure there is anything left but a reference somewhere.

I have deleted quite a few files to make it go away. And it IS gone from in-game and the mods list, library,overwrites, and what have you. Only stuck in plugin tab of nexus mod manager.

Yes, or the remnants of it.

I'm not sure there is anything left but a reference somewhere.

I have deleted quite a few files to make it go away. And it IS gone from in-game and the mods list, library,overwrites, and what have you. Only stuck in plugin tab of nexus mod manager.

Ok, what I need is the mods source link so to download it, install it and see where the data lands.

In order for me to do that, I am installing Nmm on a guest OS.

The Nmm requires outdated data >net 4.62...and I am on windows 10 64bit. I am waiting on the install process for that to complete.

I will run it and target Fallout 4 on my usb flash drives installed steam applications for just that 1 game and then install this mod in Nmm.

Just so we are on the same page and isolated a single mod instance, I will not have any thing here to confuse the issue.

While we wait for this to complete, I can suggest 1 option for you to try.

Re-install that mod and then use Nmm to uninstall it, but, you must install it first, close Nmm, reopen it, and then choose it's uninstall feature.

It is my belief you deleted the data prior to uninstalling it. That list is kept in the log, an install log for nmm.

it may also be kept in the system too.

This is the best I can offer as for a solution to the issue as it stands.

Thank you.

One slight problem. The original file seems to be gone from nexus and i do not keep it as part of my 'basic' mods backup.

Damn, life is hard.

As soon as the file is up again, i will try your solution and update this thread with a link. Or if i find out before any of that, i will of cause also update the thread with the solution.

Thank you.