"ghost" file removal?

Arneercool

I can't help you with Nmm, what ever type of programing this is? it's not something I would continue to use.

I deleted the game , I deleted the files, I deleted the plugin .txt directory for the game, I deleted a ton of files, yet, when I get it back up, those mods are still active and listed.

No way will I use this.

So you have my sincerest apologies, I can't fix this mess.

Nmm_Bug_Found.jpg

Found it !

Apparently, Nmm installs copies, a few of them all over the place.

in the Fallout4's main folder, you will find a folder called "Mods", in there is where it stuck the mod @

so far, there are 3 copies of data used.

so, there is NO Virtual data folder. It's a real folder.

Stupidity.jpg

delete the plugins inside the data directory, the Mod folder, and Nmm's places it stores the packages too, delete the plugin text files or edit them and remove all but one, the main Plugin.txt file in Users local apps fallout 4 directory.

so far, 4 copies of 1 single plugins were found. No wonder people go nuts.

Cleared.jpg

HAHAHA. I figured it out, or actually you did. While i did correctly delete it from 3-4 places, including the ones you suggested, there was apparently a few more places it needed to get purged from.

Not all mod-files multiply like that, or to that extend. I wonder if i did something to force this behavior, i probably did.

Thanks a whole bunch!

HAHAHA. I figured it out, or actually you did. While i did correctly delete it from 3-4 places, including the ones you suggested, there was apparently a few more places it needed to get purged from.

Not all mod-files multiply like that, or to that extend. I wonder if i did something to force this behavior, i probably did.

Thanks a whole bunch!

oh, this is just a small tip of a very big ICE burg.

It gets better ! Remember what I said about double packed mods, and maybe even triple packed? you have issues with Nmm ? well, not only does it have issues, people do too in what they upload for consumption's.

Crazy.jpg

IT gets really bad ! and the darn things is still NOT installed ! to top things off on a bad note!

Kitty Black.

The only reason I would walk away from an issue is when the issue defies logic. Things get too stupid to be real.

It is when reality hits home that it starts to stink really bad.

I thought about this a bit...and I reflected on how Bethesda did what they have done with the editor and their integration into their web site.

It is I that should be thanking you, allowing me to see why things were done. You see, in order to even upload anything to Bethesda Fallout 4's data base, you need to use their package manager built into the CK, "Garden of creation Kit New Gen" directly. It handles the packaging and removes human error...mostly from the equation.

Now, it all make perfect sense.

Soo, in the process i have actually figured out what is bugging the load-order.

I have accidentally removed stuff while fo4edit was open. That bugs the manager the fuk out.

I have also figured out how to undo my idiocy, thanks to you.