Fire Barrel Animation Broken

m3ltedfly

Hey, so I've magically fixed the barrels by removing all files related to Fallout from the old hard drive and enabling vSync in game... And everything is working! Here's a pic, with updated color correction. If anyone is interested in my mod list/selection, you can pm me I have old mods that are no longer on the nexus Peace!

http://imgur.com/a/Omflk

• 5 months later...

Having this as well, but didn't seem to be able to get past it. Really surprised this is the only post about this anywhere.

Oddly, I loaded a save for another character and it's not having the same problem. Same mods loaded for each one.

Edited by Inoculate

Having this as well, but didn't seem to be able to get past it. Really surprised this is the only post about this anywhere.

Oddly, I loaded a save for another character and it's not having the same problem. Same mods loaded for each one.

Do you have V-sync enabled?

Do you have V-sync enabled?

I have iPresentInterval=1 in the ini and Vsync turned on in NV control panel. (as opposed to "use 3d application setting".

Also using iFPSClamp=60 but the other character I loaded up isn't having the barrel issues with my current settings so I can't imagine it's that.

I've tried removing all esp mods, all texture mods, using a default fallout4.ini, anything I could think of. Still nothing. Still works for other save files but not this one.

Really weird. Wonder if there's a story trigger or if I just need to sleep a few in-game days in a remote location.

Edited by Inoculate

Alright I've gone as far as to use a completely fresh vanilla install and it's still going on for this one save file. So whatever this is, it's definitely save-specific. I'm a little pissed and tempted to start over to see if I get any better odds.

Being save specific though, I'm sure this means there's a console command that could fix it, or perhaps that there was a console command which broke it (I doubt it, I'm not too reckless). Either way it's extremely minor but when you go out of your way to mod every little detail to be perfect and something doesn't work it's irrationally frustrating.

I'll take any suggestions at all at this point. Shoot Preston 63 times in the face? Jump from the tallest building in Boston? f*#@ it, okay, worth a shot.

• 4 weeks later...

So, it was iFPSClamp=60 causing the problem. Issue is, it doesn't reset automatically as soon as you load a save, you'd need to zone into another area to see if it fixed anything, which I didn't do when I outright removed it. That or it might permanently break the animation in a specific area, I'll have to do some more testing. In the end I had to investigate further because I was getting the vault door bug where they won't open, and the solution to that also fixed the fire barrels.

So, hoping we can have some viable search results on this now.

The solution is using iFPSClamp=59, in my case.

Upon further testing, anything that was affected by iFPSClamp=60 will not be fixed by switching it to 59. That is to say, if it already broke, it's stuck broken. So any new fire barrels are fine, the old broken ones are forever ruined on this save.

Edited by Inoculate