Fire Barrel Animations Broken

m3ltedfly

Hey guys, I had a playthrough with 130+ mods installed with no problems, except when I saw the fire barrel in Hangman's Alley, it was static with no animation, and from there on out every fire barrel is static with no animation. I have tried uninstalling every mod and deleting Fallout 4 and reinstalling. EVEN WITH a brand new install with completely vanilla game, the fire barrels just wont animate anymore. Please does anyone know what might be causing this.

PS I had previously used nvidiaprofile inspector to cap my fps at 74 for my 144hz monitor. I also had shadowboost and enboost installed. I have since removed the fallout 4 Nvidia profile and both shadowboost and enboost before I reinstalled to a new hard drive.

Thanks,

this is my save that "started" the broken fire barrels.. please help!

http://imgur.com/a/yy4jv

I've posted this on the general forum as well.

Edited by m3ltedfly

I'd think there would be more than one fire barrel entry (form ID) with varied lighting node amounts. Though the animation would be particle effect an thus tied to the max particle config setting for the engine, *ahem* the tweeks, or in our case the FO4 configurator setting, which in the past tended to bug out at max particle settings above 1024 which is also around the amount of the base game plus weather effects utilizing animated particle meshes. So here, not really particularly indicative of a situation of custom settings or profile, short of the above mentioned max amount of animated particles. From there one would think it would be more localized to assets an therefore the mods used, for example any mod dealing with making fire look this way or that way, because if it was more of a global problem & heck even the maxxing out an subsequent "culling" of an overage of particles FX, it would be a much larger more pronounced problem. Going along with that thinking, you would ~ an click the fire barrel to get the Reference ID (placed item) which would link to a Form ID (the base item) thus the asset link included in that an mesh containing the animation or linking to it from coding (whichever it might be) though from that you would be able to type in the reference in xEdit to see what the Form ID was, Ctrl click it's base item which is the form id one, or write it down, an type in that form id, which would bring up a display of all the mods & that form ID as to know if a mod has changed it. A diagnostic path somewhat following the practices of reverse engineering in our kind of 3rd party & O.E.M. SDK for both Gamebyro & Creation Engines.

Disable the mods, load the save, ignore the warning, test the barrel. Turn half the mods on, test it again, turn on half of the remaining disabled half, test again, continue. Though it's probably better to do ti the other way, turn half off, test, an locate which mod causes it. Steam is usually offline, though I'd totally join yah if it was ever online that much. Not really, and most of the people I meet don't make good steam friends, or maybe I'm just a tremendous A****** in the eyes of all those (Young & Sensitive Types) I mean if you wanted a diagnostic path for the issue, it would be boring work, though less work than starting this whole bag over.