Disable inertial mouse effect in menus

Kares

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the help! fMouseCursorSpeed worked for me!

Also....

Sorry you couldn't solve your problem. I guess that's why software developers are easy targets for blame when in reality there are as many PC configurations as there are people with computers. You can't solve everyone's problem unless everyone has the exact same hardware, software and patch-levels installed.

I hope you can find a solution, becuase I know how much it would suck having the mouse pointer lag behind where you're trying to move it.

This is just a shitty default configuration setting that I think happens to everyone (I've never played Skyrim on PC where the mouse didn't 'lag' !)

• 3 months later...

so.... this is still a thing, and even the top result in google when searching for the issue.

So after fiddling around with SkyrimPrefs.ini and adding the iPresentInterval=0 to [Display] and what-not... no real fix

I looked at that lag-fix package rar someone posted and extracted the important part.

YOU NEED TO add the iPresentInterval=0 to the [Display] section of the Skyrim.ini as well as SkyrimPrefs.ini

so:

%UserProfile%\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini -- Add iPresentInterval=0 to [Display] section

%UserProfile%\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini -- Add iPresentInterval=0 to [Display] section

The second line is what was a breakthrough for the menus... without that I had nice mouse in-game only

• 2 months later...

By the way, the fix for this issue disables vsync which screws up other things because Skyrim was coded for consoles and can't handle fps over 60. It seems like mouse lag is also based directly on framerate as a result of the console-centric coding. Therefore, this fix may not actually work if your computer isn't capable of rendering the game over 60 frames per second.

But the bigger issue is that if you can run the game higher than 60 (which a decent computer can do using this fix), you will then end up with a bunch of other problems, such as the one mentioned in this thread:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/846959998110492629/

As well as apparent issues with crashes, physics glitches, issues with how time and events are handled, and more. This is ridiculous.

If anyone knows of any mods that can let us have the best of both worlds (no mouse lag + everything else works fine), please let me know.

[Controls]

fGamepadHeadingSensitivity=1.0000

fMouseHeadingSensitivity=0.0145 <----this one makes it more/less sensitive

bAlwaysRunByDefault=0

bInvertYValues=0

bGamePadRumble=0

bMouseAcceleration=0 <----you want this in your SkyrimPrefs.ini

and leave iPresentInterval=1

• 1 year later...

Hey all. So turning off ipresentinterval was not an option for me because of other factors in my setup, but the odd, floaty feel of the mouse was maddening. After some research and testing I found that the following steps provide me with a dramatic improvement in terms of accurate mouse movement in menus:

Find:

bMouseAcceleration=

in both skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini and set both lines to 0

Then find

fMouseHeadingSensitivity=

and delete it, along with the value attached to it. Replace that line with these two:

fMouseHeadingYScale=0.0100
fMouseHeadingXScale=0.0100

I've also found that limiting pre-rendered frames in Nvidia Control Panel helps me. If you use an AMD card you'll need to find and try RadeonPro. It's a 3rd party program but I found it safe. In any case, I hope that helps.

Cheers

• 2 years later...

I think I may have found a solution. I changed fMouseCursorSpeed under [interface] from 0.500 to 2.000. It seems to have fixed the issue. Will report back after some more testing. (this is of course after I ensure all windows mouse settings were correct as well as the Razer Mamba software. Also have all the other necessary ini tweaks done.)

Yes, I know this post is 6 years old but damn, I just wanted to say thank you immensely. After recently switching to an Nividia card from AMD I had the dreaded mouse lag severely. None of the other suggested tweaks worked for me. And then I found this post today. Halle-effin-lujah.