CK 2.0 Can Not Create Scripts Problem and Solution

fffseven

You just open brand new creation âkit for special edition and decided to create new script and creation kit welcomes you with an error. Even hello world tuorial in the " https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Bethes... " .You won't be able to go further "new script " step.

First off all , I think this error cause for me because Turkish letters, UTF-8 problem of some kind especially letter "I" in my opinion. I have Windows 10 64bit with Turkish language and my SkyrimSE and CK 2.0 are in English.

This is the error:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...

Compiling "newscri32pt"...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\Game.psc(251,57): unknown type imagespacemodifier

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\Actor.psc(454,28): unknown type idle

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\Actor.psc(457,38): unknown type idle

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\ObjectReference.psc(477,45): unknown type impactdataset
No output generated for newscri32pt, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.

Failed on newscri32pt

Solution:

First thing the notice here, old versions put the psc files in". \Data\Scripts\Source" but in new version they are in ". \Data\Source\Scripts" , basically folder with psc files in it.(You can go back old system with some creation ini tweaks. You need to add "sScriptSourceFolder = ".\Data\Scripts\Source" under [Papyrus] in creationkit.ini and create ".\Data\Scripts\Source" folders and move files)

I will explain the solution based on new file system:

1) I unzipped " .\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts.zip" to ".\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\" file (everyone should do this for good measures,)Ck 2.0 should ask you to unzip when you first start it. So you maybe do this step long ago.

2) I changed psc files names which start with capital letter "I" to "i" in " .\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scource\Scripts".(iceWraithParticlesSCRIPT.psc, idle.psc, impactDataSet.psc, ingredient.psc, initialDisable.psc, itemWithSoudScript.psc, ivarsteadDialogueQuestScript.psc, ivarsteadSSTriggerScript.psc)

3) I changed "ImageSpaceModifier" ->"imageSpaceModifier" ("I"->"i") in line 251 ".\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\Game.psc" based on papyrus error code.

4) I changed "Idle"->"idle" ("I"->"i") in line 454 ".\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\Actor.psc" based on papyrus error code.

5) I changed "Idle"->"idle" ("I"->"i") ân line 457 ".\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\Actor.psc" based on papyrus error code.

6) I changed "ImpactDataSet" -> "impactDataSet" ("I"->"i") in line 477 ".\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\ObjectReference.psc" based on papyrus error code.

Hopefully this will help someone encounters with this strange error and again i hope i won't break any rules of something.Sorry for my bad English.

Update: I think Bethesda added new lines of codes in psc files so line numbers were changed but system didn't changed so just change letters to lower cases.

Edited by fffseven

• 2 weeks later...
Any Assistance Appreciated

C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++>cd

C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++

C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++>"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler" -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Projects\Data\Scripts\Source" -o="D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Projects\Data\Scripts"

Compiling "-f=TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg"...

<unknown>(0,0): unable to locate script -f=TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg

No output generated for -f=TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg, compilation failed.

Failed on -f=TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg

C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

• 8 months later...

You just open brand new creation âkit for special edition and decided to create new script and creation kit welcomes you with an error. Even hello world tuorial in the " https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Bethes... " .You won't be able to go further "new script " step.
First off all , I think this error cause for me because Turkish letters, UTF-8 problem of some kind especially letter "I" in my opinion. I have Windows 10 64bit with Turkish language and my SkyrimSE and CK 2.0 are in English.
This is the error:

Compiling "newscri32pt"...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\Game.psc(251,57): unknown type imagespacemodifier

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\Actor.psc(454,28): unknown type idle

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\Actor.psc(457,38): unknown type idle

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\ObjectReference.psc(477,45): unknown type impactdataset
No output generated for newscri32pt, compilation failed.

Failed on newscri32pt
Solution:
First thing the notice here, old versions put the psc files in". \Data\Scripts\Source" but in new version they are in ". \Data\Source\Scripts" , basically folder with psc files in it.(You can go back old system with some creation ini tweaks. You need to add "sScriptSourceFolder = ".\Data\Scripts\Source" under [Papyrus] in creationkit.ini and create ".\Data\Scripts\Source" folders and move files)
I explain solution new system
1) I unzip " .\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts.zip" to ".\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\" file (everyone should do this for good measures,)Ck 2.0 should ask you to unzip when you first start it. So you maybe do this step long ago.
2) I change psc files names which start with capital letter "I" to "i" in " .\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scource\Scripts".(iceWraithParticlesSCRIPT.psc, idle.psc, impactDataSet.psc, ingredient.psc, initialDisable.psc, itemWithSoudScript.psc, ivarsteadDialogueQuestScript.psc, ivarsteadSSTriggerScript.psc)
3) I change "ImageSpaceModifier" ->"imageSpaceModifier" ("I"->"i") in line 251 ".\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\Game.psc" based on papyrus error code.
4) I change "Idle"->"idle" ("I"->"i") in line 454 ".\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\Actor.psc" based on papyrus error code.
5) I change "Idle"->"idle" ("I"->"i") ân line 457 ".\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\Actor.psc" based on papyrus error code.
6) I change "ImpactDataSet" -> "impactDataSet" ("I"->"i") in line 477 ".\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\ObjectReference.psc" based on papyrus error code.
Hopefully this will help someone encounters with this strange error and again i hope i won't break any rules of something.Sorry for my bad English.

I could hug you! I was almost at the point of ripping my hair out from frustration because my CK simply REFUSED to compile any scripts for me. I followed your instructions (using the Skyrim folders and placements) and it worked! I just compiled my first quest fragment script a minute ago. Thank you so much!

Edited by SkyrimRules15

• 6 months later...