NMM vs MO2, which is better?

ReaperTai

So I am doing a complete reinstall of FO4 and a mod manager for various reasons. I have been using NMM for many years but have been seeing a lot about MO2 recently. While researching it I see the orig author is now on Nexus team.

Since redoing everything I was wondering if MO2 is worth all the work to set it up or should I just use NMM till the new version comes out? Sadly the vids and such online don't really show why MO2 would be any better then NMM (and what they do show is skimmed over quickly. at least for the ones I saw) so figured would ask here.

Edited by ReaperTai

Don't use NMM, it's pretty much crap currently and even the Nexus team knows it, because they've decided to rebuild it ... again. (hopefully this time they won't screw it up completely)

Manual Installs and judicious use of LOOT is now the best option. (well, always has been for me, but I prefer being in control of my plugins and files)

Mod Organizer has a new developer for support and Tannin42, the original developer of MO, is now working on a completely new Mod Organizer for the Nexus.

At the moment i personally have zero issues with the latest version of the nexus mod manager, but i am aware it is not bug free for everyone, and use it for Fallout 4 since it was the only one available on release of FO4. For Skyrim, Fallout 3, NV i use MO and wanted to switch to MO2 to, but then i learned there will be a new NMM developped by Tannin42 I decided to wait untill that is released.

MO is superior to NMM but can be more difficult to get to know. Personally, i would say it does not really matter at the moment which one you use untill the new NMM is released and give that a try. Tannin42 will most probably deliver a new Nexus mod organizer superior to his "old" MO. He has alot more options now that he basically has full acces to the Nexus site to integrate his Mod Organizer.

I believe you can look at Mod Organizer reviews and get a pretty good idea of the features of MO2. I do not think it was ever totally burned in and shaken down by THE Tannin42 ( may he continue to produce Gems like Mod Organizer.). All changes are made to a virtual file system, NOT your game files. That is what does it for me. Otherwise no software is perfect every time. We all have our crosses to bear. Every user is different. I still play Skyrim through MO till all the mods I now NEED are available for SkyrimSE. That includes a good Mod Organizer/Manager. I am very excited to see the future. As others have said before me, "wait for it...".

Mod Organizer has a new "..."Tannin42 will most probably deliver a new Nexus mod organizer superior to his "old" MO. He has a lot more options now that he basically has full acces to the Nexus site to integrate his Mod Organizer.

Tannin42 put out Mod Organizer in his "spare time" while working a full time job...Now the New and Improved Nexus Mod Manager IS his job. (no pressure Tannin...really!) I am really excited to see the results from this combo situation. I have used Nexus Mod Manager, it works. Mod Organizer though is a different approach...opinions differ. For me, on this subject "virtual file system" is the better option. No offense intended to the Nexus team. Mod Organizer was my choice over NMM as soon as I discovered it. I cant wait to see what this brings!

I used FOMM for FO3 and NV but felt that NMM was the only option for FO4. I was not happy to have my hands tied that way but so far - and a total reinstall later- it has proven a generally positive experience.