NMM vs MO2, which is better?

ReaperTai

I'm currently using MO2 - I like the way how it looks and works, but unfortunatelly I cannot force several crucial for me mods (VIS, HUD_INV, HUD_Framework) to work together (in NMM I didn't have big problems) so I'll be back to NMM

MO2 all the way. The best mod manager.

NMM is okay but has issues. It very often forgets to install mods correctly and forgets archives etc... Had a lot of issues with skyrim special edition. Cost me hours to fix it manually.

• 2 months later...

MO2 all the way. The best mod manager.

NMM is okay but has issues. It very often forgets to install mods correctly and forgets archives etc... Had a lot of issues with skyrim special edition. Cost me hours to fix it manuall

Tho I've never tried MO or MO2 I personally went from a console scrub in 2008 to PC master race (Sarcasm) in xmas of 2009 & knew Nothing about modding period. Once i started learning about mods (years later ) within 2 months of research and learning and reading i had learned to mod, gotten a stable FO4 modlist of 150-ish mods running with no bugs/CTDs All using NMM. Looking back tho I had some issues but Most if not all of those were from my inexperience. What I do now is if I even Suspect a mod isn't installed/functioning correctly I'll preview the DL package and double check if all the files are installed, I Know this can be a PITA but I rarely if ever have mods installed incorrectly using NMM, My Personal /2Cents is NMM is good enough.

Edited by ninjamaster0420

• 4 weeks later...

Don't waste your time with MO2, it doesn't work with FO4, i've tried all day today, clean installs over and over, and no mods at all will show up

This is an error on their part, and I refuse to use something that wont work as intended, and if anyone can figure out if this is a common issue or not, let me the f*#@ know because all i can find on the internet are these pointless back and forths about which manager to use, i just need problem solvers

Modding is a never-ending hole, stay out of it if you can.

Manual numbah one 4 me.

I have bad experience with auto installers (I mean games that are the Sims).

With the brute force manual I know I have less chance of bugs and errors. Also easy uninstalling once you got some new skills. Better compatibility too (I heard of people only managed to install 4 out of nine mods using FOMOD)

That's my opinion tho.