2 replies to this topic

bluwax26

bluwax26

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi-yo!

I'm trying to make a mod where the player has the exact same experience every time they go through a custom interior cell after they hit a button. Same enemies, same weapon placement, same doors. Seems like a job for a scripted cell reset, right?

Unfortunately, I've hit a wall on that front. No matter where I put the activator button- even outside the room- I always enter it to find the weapons missing and the enemies dead. The items are flagged "respawns", the zone isn't flagged "never reset", and the code compiles, but the cell just ain't resetting like it's told. Very frustrating.

Has anyone got the cell reset function to actually work for them? I'd love to hear how you managed it.

And for completion's sake, my script looks something like this, with the appropriate properties.

Scriptname TestRoomReset extends ObjectReference Const

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)
    TestRoomCell.Reset()
EndEvent

Cell Property TestRoomCell Auto Const

Keep safe out there.

Lisselli

Lisselli

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Resetting is jerky in general..  I'm thinking you need to set ownership of the items to be owned by the cell first.

Edited by Lisselli, 17 January 2017 - 06:44 AM.

bluwax26

bluwax26

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

No good. Ownership goes to NPCs and factions, not cells.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fallout 4, creation kit, not working, cells, reset

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.064 seconds