How to "ForceSteamLoader for skse startup options" with Mod Organizer & Crash fixes

headfullofdread

Hey guys, I don't know if its too late to write on this thread or not but I kinda have the same issue, my 1st block is set to 512 mb and the 2nd block is 256 mb but I get a CTD around 15 mins of playing and it always occur around 15 min to 20 min, My system is pretty good for skyrim, ( Core i7 7700K and 1060 3gb EVGA , 8 gb ram) when I read the memory block log, i see that 2nd block fills first then the 1st one then a CTD, It doesn't matter at what location I play, I just get a CTD of 15-20 mins of playing whatsoever, My skyrim is pretty loaded though I have around 216 mods, also I did a save clean and the FPS is 60 consistently.... I should also say that I'm using the "SKSE.ini for lazy user setting" not sure if that helps ......... any help appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I don't know if its too late to write on this thread or not but I kinda have the same issue, my 1st block is set to 512 mb and the 2nd block is 256 mb but I get a CTD around 15 mins of playing and it always occur around 15 min to 20 min, My system is pretty good for skyrim, ( Core i7 7700K and 1060 3gb EVGA , 8 gb ram) when I read the memory block log, i see that 2nd block fills first then the 1st one then a CTD, It doesn't matter at what location I play, I just get a CTD of 15-20 mins of playing whatsoever, My skyrim is pretty loaded though I have around 216 mods, also I did a save clean and the FPS is 60 consistently.... I should also say that I'm using the "SKSE.ini for lazy user setting" not sure if that helps ......... any help appreciated.

Never to late to post in a relevant thread, and you're using Memory Blocks Log, so you need to know if the it's hitting maximum, which will cause a CTD.

Some of it may not apply to your particular situation, but the Important Points section does, and it's easier to cut and paste than retype same info

Here's my previously posted info, that can always warrant repeaing

Essential MO info

Mod Organizer Documentation

An updated guide, though I was partt of the MO support team, and MO hasn't updated since I left, I'm not currently modding Skyrim, mostof what I say is checked here, and using the STEP site in general, to make sure nothings draetcally changed

STEP Guide

A great modding guide for Skyrim, whether you follow it's mod selections exacyly, or just absorb all the great deneral advice that applies to all mods, this is my goto source for current knowledge.

Skyrim Script Extender - S.T.E.P. Project Wiki

I create an MO mod out of the SkSE data Folder, with the Skyrim folder files installed as normal, but without the Data Folder, and last time I checked the recommended SkSE ini settings were these

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
EnableDiagnostics=1
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
[Debug]
WriteMiniDumps=1
[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

Only addition yo the STEP recommendations, is

iTintTextureResolution=2048

This is for Hair mods, and not essential.

Crash fixes page has alternatives to SkSE settings, but as post above, and CF page state, don't use both.

Data/SKSE/SKSE.ini (not needed if UseOSAllocators=1 in CrashFixPlugin.ini):

• Set DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB:Memory to 768. If you are using a lot of mods or higher uGrid than 5 then set 1024. Helps with CTD during save load, especially if you can load the save after qasmoke. Max value is 1280. If you are using ENB you may get CTD on startup with higher value than 768 and ExpandSystemMemoryX64 true in enblocal.ini!
  • Set ScrapHeapSizeMB:Memory to 256. Game can't use more than 256 of this and setting higher serves no purpose.

I also recommend using Windows 7, if using the ENBoost feature, of using more than 4GB of sytem memory, is blocked from working.

Just so you know, I again am telling you the picture in my last post shows exactly where to put the Argument in the SkSE Modify Executable command within MO.

Here it is again. (click on pic thumbnail to see full size)

attachicon.gifSkyrim MO SkSE settings.png

Additionally to do the same thing with a Desktop shortcut

attachicon.gifMO - Skyrim - SkSE - Skyrim Script Extender (Steam) Properties.png

No spaces in MO Path example

Target

D:\Managers\MO\Skyrim\ModOrganizer.exe D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe -ForceSteamLoader

Space in MO path example

"D:\Managers\Mod Organizer\Skyrim\ModOrganizer.exe" D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe -ForceSteamLoader

Important Point

What makes you think there's any problem though?

First block shown with what?

If you're looking at Memory Blocks Log, it reads Block one at 256 less than the ini setting used for it.

So for a setting of 512 (Default), MBL should give 256

If your setting is 768, or more, check this thread out, it appears as if encoding of the ini can mess things up

SKSE.ini Settings Not Working

If none of that helps, I urge you to go and ask on STEP.

All the best MO advice, is on that site, and it's the home of MO support.

Some notes

Always double check my info, 32-bit Skyrim will never be updated by Bethesda, so my info won't get obsoleted by them, but we do gain knowledge, and make, update utilities.

I can't emphasise enough how useful STEP, and MO Guides are, not for there specific mod choices, but in the fact they are the only reliable collective source for heavily modded specific issues.

Skyrim Revisited is my go to guide, over their for how to mod Skyrim to the max, and again it's the methods used that are important not specific mod choices.

Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition - A STEP hosted mod guide created and maintained by Neovalen

Memory Blocks Log, and SkSE settings, mismatch

Basically Second Block should always be set to 256 MB, because that's the maximum it can use, higher settings have no effect in game

Bethesda in there "Wisdom", added the second Block to the first, and SkSE uses Bethesda's numbers, even though they are adjusted.

Memory Blocks log reads the unadjusted figures, and doesn't add 256 MB to it's results. A case of one being a setting, as Bethesda uses it, and the other being a reading of the raw numbers.

Assuming your settings, are the SkSE.ini settings, in your first block is actually only 256 Mb, not the 512 MB Bethesda uses to set it.

If you're hitting 256 MB in Memory Log it's causing a CDT, and given your stated hardware, you'll do better with provided settings, in my spoiler info.

If you're not hitting the Heap Memory limit, you mat well be hitting the 3.1 GB VRAM limit that 32-biy Skyrim has.

Crash Fixes is a mod Ill assume you have, and take note, of the fact it also has Memory Heap settings, don't use them with SkSE's settings, either one is fine but not both.

If you want to take advantage of ENBoost's capacity to use all your 8GB (ENBoost theoretical max is 128GB) of system RAM,

• You must use Windows 7, Windows 10 has a hardcoded 4GB RAM limit for DX9 games, which is a 32-bit system limit, ENBoost does not work om W10, due yo this hardcoded limit (as far as I know this hasn't changed)/
  • ENBoost uses ENBHost.exe to add a 4GB chunk of system RAM, and if it needs more runs as many processes as required, DX9 allows this to work, but W10 limits DX9 to one $GB process.
  • This allows Skyrim to go above it's 32-bit imposed 4GB RAM limit, and also stops it hitting the 3.1 GB VRAM limit, by handing the excess off to system RAM via ENBoost. Giving 32-bit Skyrim the graphics power of a 64-bit machine
  • This is separate from the main use of ENB Series, all the extra eye candy stuff, and though created for ENB's, can be used without them.

There are other reasons for CTD's, main one being other use of scripting, and that can be the underlying reason for choosing which of several mods you should use.

Depending on how important a mod is to you, determines how much you'll put up with CTD's, the usual advice of save often. I'd always use the

CASM - Cipscis' Automatic Save Manager

With over 200 mods installed, STRP is the best place to get help, I rarely frequent the Skyrim pages anymore, I'm playing, and modding other games these days, so can be slow to respond, simply because I've not seem the post.

• 1 month later...

Getting the Steam Controller to work with SkyrimSpecialEdition + Mod Organizer 2 + SKSE64 + RevaTuner + Afterburner etc.

It can be a biznatch! Sadly I've had become a master! I'll post a SkyrimSELauncher.exe that properly hooks the overlay(As soon as I make one(if anyone even needs me to)). There's one for Skyrim but not for SE and sadly it tries to hook TESV.exe and I doubt it works with the steam64.dll or skse64..maybe skse.

Easy fix, and there are many(the quick and the dirty of it).

1. Make Steam Launch as Admin from your Progs folder.. :wallbash:

2. Disable the WinCompat warnings it produces..

3. Add MO2's .exe to steam your library..

4. Paste " SteamSELauncher.exe " [without the frigin quotes!] into the launch options in the MO2 steam props(make sure your start path is correct(i know it's vague but I assume you know what your doing))

5. JIC probably not critical; open MO2 and paste " -forcesteamloader " into the SKSE launchers executable props...I think that's it.

Let me know if I forgot something or if one of the thousand things that can go wrong based on your existing setup...does.

If anyone needs help message me I think nexus will alert me by e-mail....RIGHT?!

I'll paste this in all the appropriate threads so you can find it! lol (hopefully this one is ok!) o_O YOUR WELCOME!

On a side note:

LOOT JUST STOPPED WORKING! WTF BRO!@ git

(not gonna paste the errors here because -- A. I already fixed it but by that time they posed the "fix" (sort of) B.THIS IS JUST A SIDE NOTE!)

All of the sudden Loot just stopped downloading its manifests from git! OH! They upgraded their SSL well well !its about time! (jk)

But did they send me a warning JIC I didn't have this--->!!! kb3140245

Well...idk did they? did I not get the memo? Did I backup my data files and reinstall my sytsem from scratch thinking I frigged something playing around in the registry because....I didn't get the memo? They said TLS 1.2 OH! well that's enabled by default!

Make sure you download the right one :wallbash:

Edited by voxexversus