Spinser

Hello,

as the title said I am missing head on my character after applying some modes. I had Better Heads set up and then I tried adding all of the redone heads/faces by MacKom.

When the game started Better Heads was still active and there was no changes. Then I started it again with it deselected (also added Hair packs to fix double ears) and everyone had the right face. Everyone except my character who lost his head! Even the other male Bretons...

I included screenshots that show that mesh is clearly missing. Also when I try activating Better Heads again it only shows ears...

If anyone has any idea how can I restore him to his previous state I would be very thankful!

Great! That is just what I needed, can't believe I didn't see that command in console, I went through them a dozen times trying to find a solution.. But yes, enableracemenu did the trick, now I can use heads I imported with mod!

Thank you very much, you saved me from rerolling after all the effort of building that charater!

First thing I wanted to do was to somehow change that in a save file, but didn't know there was a way to open it properly.. Now when I fixed a problem like this, I think I'll also delve into save file with the tool you mentioned and try figuring out what went wrong. Another reason for that is when I put a helm on new head and then go over it with mouse cursor it doesn't show the items name like it does for everything else. It's certainly not something that bothers me while playing the game, but it is something that makes me curious of how things work in the save file..

So i've been wrestling this beast for two days. I'm completely new to the entire process of pc gaming and modding. Purchased morrowind on steam and downloaded overhaul and reborn as a lovely youtube video led the way.

Initial attempt wouldn't boot up. Second attempt (repeat entire process) game launches and works great for a couple hours. Upon restarting the game again today I now have missing files, which after a little digging seems pretty common.

I'm missing textures\vurt_bitterbark.dds which seems to be the root of many errors attached to meshes Flora_tree flora_knee flora_log etc. etc.

i attempted to removing some of the associated mesh files which made it run a little longer before crashing but again errors attached to missing files.

PLEASE! I've given up all hope of ever replaying this.... BUT I do want to partially understand where in the devil do these files go? ? ? they just *poof* disappear.

Once again my knowledge of computers is slim at best Thanks in advance

So i've been wrestling this beast for two days. I'm completely new to the entire process of pc gaming and modding. Purchased morrowind on steam and downloaded overhaul and reborn as a lovely youtube video led the way.

Initial attempt wouldn't boot up. Second attempt (repeat entire process) game launches and works great for a couple hours. Upon restarting the game again today I now have missing files, which after a little digging seems pretty common.

I'm missing textures\vurt_bitterbark.dds which seems to be the root of many errors attached to meshes Flora_tree flora_knee flora_log etc. etc.

i attempted to removing some of the associated mesh files which made it run a little longer before crashing but again errors attached to missing files.

PLEASE! I've given up all hope of ever replaying this.... BUT I do want to partially understand where in the devil do these files go? ? ? they just *poof* disappear.

Once again my knowledge of computers is slim at best Thanks in advance

This should really be a new thread rather than randomly hijacking another one.

I've never heard of files just disappearing :shrug: Unless you've got severe HDD problems.

So first off run CHKDISK. Assuming you're on Windows 10 - https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/fix-hard-drives-chkdsk-windows-10/

Next thing would be ensuring Morrowind isn't installed in Program Files. Morrowind predates Windows Vista where MS introduced User Account Control, UAC, and folder virtualisation. The idea of those is to prevent programs from modifying files in the Program Files directory. Morrowind's from an era where it expects to be able to do that.

So. Not sure where your Steam Library is, but you can move it out of Program Files if it's there. Or create a new Library for old games like Morrowind - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129&l=

That's probably enough for now. If you're still having problems then start a new thread.