• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

FrankFamily

FrankFamily

The Evil Blacksmith

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,951 posts
Is it posible to change the model of a weapon from a script based on its current tempering level?

Am i right in that wornobject script is the only way to handle it and the lack of a setmodel function there means this is impossible without a skse plugin adding said function or there is another way to approach it?

lofgren

lofgren

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts
I think the main obstacle is that model is determined by the base form, so it's not possible to e.g. have a single steel sword with a different model from all other steel swords. If you were dealing with a unique item added by your mod, that would be a different story.

Di0nysys

Di0nysys

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Is it posible to change the model of a weapon from a script based on its current tempering level?

Am i right in that wornobject script is the only way to handle it and the lack of a setmodel function there means this is impossible without a skse plugin adding said function or there is another way to approach it?

Skse is required afaik.

Using SetModelPath-Weapon should let you swap out the strings to the path on the weapon. You can also use GetModelPath to store the original path string to swap it back. 

Edit: Nvm you already have that figured out. 

Edited by Di0nysys, 19 January 2017 - 12:07 AM.

FrankFamily

FrankFamily

The Evil Blacksmith

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,951 posts
Yeah, the thing would be to be able to do it with steel swords unfortunately, if there was a setmodel on wornobject script then it would work, right? i mean those work on the specific item not the base form, maybe its posible to "port" the function from weapon to wornobject, but no idea how hsrd thst would be, never even attempted to make a skse plugin. That or maybe using netimmerseoverride to swap textures, could be an alternative, i thimk it works on specific items too, though maybe you have to get an object reference which is tricky.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: model, papyrus, script, smithing, tempering, quality, swap, change

Page loaded in: 1.084 seconds