[Modeling Help] Custom hair not working

Anzan

I wanted to put wolf ears on my character, so I took another "animal ears" model, edited the shape, and tried to put it on one of coolsim's hair models. I managed to get it into the game following this tutorial, and it does show up in game, but neither the texture for the ears or the hair is being applied to the mesh now. I have no idea why this is, though I notice it is now only taking the texture path from the original ear mesh and not the hair mesh. Would someone mind taking a look at my nif file to see what I did wrong? Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, but pm me for a link if you'd be so kind as to help me. Edited by Anzan

I suspect it maybe a specific hair set up thing. The hair.nifs all have 1 mesh object, adding a second object in the nif might conflict with the per race hair style entry set up, hair shader, or the tri files. If you think it might be an error on your part and want a second pair of eyes to make sure you're not doing anything on your end and the nif is in theory sound, then just post it up and someon will probably poke it.

well what ever you did, it's UV is fubar, no texture would display correctly regardless of anything else. It also has no normals.

confuses me: 'but neither the texture for the ears or the hair is being applied to the mesh now. I have no idea why this is, though I notice it is now only taking the texture path from the original ear mesh and not the hair mesh'

It's one mesh object so it can only use 1 texture.

Oh. I was wondering why it was so featureless in nifskope. Well crap. I guess I'll just wait, for now, til someone else does something similar. Thanks for clearing some things up.

Edit: Realized why, at least, how to get it to accept more than one texture. Now if only I could get those normals and shader properties and UVs all sorted out...

Edit 2: Tried one more time, this time in replacing a circlet with just the ears and not the hair. Also got the texture working so it shouldn't just show up as a white blob. Problem is, when I try to equip it ingame, it crashes the game. Can someone take a look at my nif again please?

http://www.mediafire.com/?cg29wt009c88v28

Edited by Anzan