Populate Loot into Containers?

<SOLVED> Containers only populate contents when placed on the Default Layer.

Im fairly new at using the CK for FO4. Learning quickly tho, since i have much programming experience. Anywho:

I have a desk 'OfficeDesk01 (008BD53C)'

It is not populating any Loot, even with a full game restart.

1. How do i get it to populate Loot?

2. How do I put a specific Item into the container that does not respawn?

I have a key I want to put into the container, but dont want the key to re-spawn. But I do want the other Loot to respawn.

Edited by stonetreepanda

in the geck you can verify what container respawn and what not,

if you want a custom container,without bad surprise, the best way is to make a new one.

you copy the container you like, you modify it and replace it, in this way you're sure you don't modify any vanilla container, it's more sure

Edited by kort54

if you want a custom container,without bad surprise, the best way is to make a new one.

you copy the container you like, you modify it and replace it, in this way you're sure you don't modify any vanilla container, it's more sure

G.E.C.K is for Fallout 3 and NV. Fallout 4 uses the Creation Kit. Its different software.

Edited by stonetreepanda

1) You can directly drag and drop tems there, but I suggest you to make a leveled items for that case and drop them instead. https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=LeveledItem

2) You should check that containers respawns checkbox. I cant help with key though, Just check maybe keys dont respawn by default.

G.E.C.K is for Fallout 3 and NV. Fallout 4 uses the Creation Kit. Its different software.

Many modders call fallout 4's creation kit GECK even though it isnt geck anymore, so I am sure that guy was talking about creation kit.

I have done all that. I went to the Covenant. Duplicated the desk in the office, it has a different Ref ID but the same Base. There is no location or option in the Reference window on specifying its contents. Heck, even the original doesnt have that or any scripts, but somehow has contents. There must be a script someplace?

Are you sure you are opening its base object window and not a reference window? This is how it should look like https://www.creationkit.com/images/e/e0/ContainerDialog.jpg

Yup. I have that base object.

Im comparing to the Desk in the Covenant Office. It spawns items and a Key.

If I duplicate that desk completely, same exact thing just a copy. It does not spawn anything. Im thinking there must be a script someplace that is specifically refrencing the ID of the desk in the office to do this.

Ok, heres a picture

On the Left: Refrence of the Duplicate. Just a copy of what was in the office.

On the Right: The one in the office.

Both have the same Base Object, and both are exactly the same options on all tabs. To me, the only thing different is the REF ID, and its on a seperate layer. The original spawns objects, the duplicated one does not. Going by what I understand you are saying, it should spawn something, even if its random, being it uses the same base ID.

http://i.imgur.com/krF0WV7.png