you cant port assets from other Beth games into each other except for personal use.

It's like the Bethesda legal team is standing by with the dictum, "All our properties are belong to us".

They don't. Beth casually outsources asset creation to 3rd parties which only rent it, therefore they cannot grant us full use.

you cant port assets from other Beth games into each other except for personal use.

It's like the Bethesda legal team is standing by with the dictum, "All our properties are belong to us".

They don't. Beth casually outsources asset creation to 3rd parties which only rent it, therefore they cannot grant us full use.

Oooohh see that actually makes sense, legally. They can't give out permission to use something that they don't technically own themselves.

Hmmm... I'm probably going to table this idea for awhile then. I would have absolutely no clue where to start from scratch on this. Anyway, I have another project idea that will probably be a lot easier to do from the ground up and would use assets borrowed with permission from existing mods.