Cutscene and general mod help

Lolz1234567

Hello, I recently have started to use the geck and am making a quest mod right now. Unfotunatly I'm in a predicament. I want to have a cutscene where you confront the villain, but I cant find a tutorial anywhere on how to make one.

The cutscene will start with you walking into a room and the door shuts behind you. your friend (Who you meet earlier) is stuck behind there and you are alone in the room, you have a quick chat. And eventually the room fills with gas. After that I would like to figure out how to make the player "Pass out" Like in vault 87 In Fallout 3.

So what I'm trying to figure out is how to make a cutscene, automatically closing doors, how to make the room fill with a gas effect. and how to make the player pass out.

Thanks to anyone who helps out. Please If you have any info on this please post it on here!

Thanks.

You should PM a moderator and ask them to move this to the "Mod Talk" sub-forum. Mod creators discuss similar issues there. This area is for much more general topics.

In very general terms, a "cut scene" is any time you disable player controls (forcing them to sit through the scene) and then run dialogue past them via either a BLK "movie" or a "slideshow" of images or a NPC monologue. Other than the graphic elements, this is controlled by script. Your best way to learn how to do this is to look at existing scripts for similar in the game. For example: In GECK, use "edit->find text" to search for "doc mitchell" and you will quickly find the quest name is VCG01. The beginning of the "Dead Money" DLC (in the abandoned 'Brotherhhood of Steel' Bunker) is very similar to what you want as well: gassing the player and moving them to the Sierra Madre.

Tutorials on scripting and dialogue can be found in the wiki article "Getting started creating mods in GECK". You can also look at some similar threads on "cutscenes" from FO3 here and here.

-Dubious-

At the bottom of the FNV Forums main page where it lists the users currently online, at the top there is a "Moderating Team" link. That takes you an essentially empty page here that has a "Contact Us" button that brings up a "contact form" for you to fill in the blanks.

Or there is a "Contact Us" button at the very bottom of the Forums main page.

-Dubious-

You can open or close a door by activating it. This can be done by script and you can use a cubic activator to trigger it.

begin OnTriggerEnter Player
    SomeDoorRef.Activate Player
end

For the being gassed and passing out part, you can investigate how it was done in the Abandonded BOS Bunker when you start the Dead Money DLC.