[Request] Lorenzo Spares Emogene

Innocenceislost

Hello there.

I'm looking for any way to alter the ending of the great quest "The Secret of Cabot House" where, if you side with Lorenzo because maybe you've found his argument more convincing, he kills his family.
(Except Edward whom you can convince trough a speech check.)

I'm looking for an alternative. I'm kind of between both sides, and would like an alternative where you can side with Lorenzo, have ancient knowledge passed on to you, and still do not destroy the whole Cabot family and its legacy.

From the lore, the terminal entries and conversations you get to know that Emogene kept visiting Lorenzo from time to time, and altough things were never the same as before, her relationship with Lorenzo was still probably the most solid out of the family.

So IN A NUTSHELL: Any way to alter the quest and its finale, to keep Emogene alive and basically the same if you finished the quest on the other side. I just want her to stay alive and stick around the house.

Please. Any helpful replies (or a full .esp, one can dream) would be very much appreciated.

thanks for sharing an awesome thread!

Indeed, I would second that motion for an alteration to

the Cabot storyline.

It'd be great if, you had enough evidence and high enough science and persuasion,

to keep the entire Cabot family alive, even if it meant banishment or a power-sharing arrangement.

hint - Lorenzo could be kept alive at V111 on ice, if need be.

///lore rant

its a long tangent for the reading-averse.

If you read the terminals,

Mr House and Emogene were an 'item' prewar,

House warned Emogene of 2077. Lorenzo also modeled as much...

and Jack disliked Mr House... because House knew too much,

and House was nouveau-riche

it was from Emogene and Jack that Mr House learned

the true secret beneath New Vegas -

that, the other lost city was very near to where the BoS bunker was...

the strange camouflage storm is not of earthly origin, rather, it is part of the defense system.

until House went with Emogene to see Lorenzo,

he had thought their whole family mad...

though what he saw, changed his mind.

Lorenzo was not a mad-man of the past who lived too long,

Lorenzo was a scientist, a brilliant scientist, and perhaps not quite human,

making a way 'home'.

The Platinum Chip was a vital part of

Mr House's survival plan.

Mr House, knowing he would face certain death,

was questing for the hidden city, and used Lucky 38 as a pretense...

partly why the vault was concreted there.

The Courier, having ensured detente in New Vegas,

(the legion retreats, the NCR and BoS make an accord, New Vegas is independent)

and returning the platinum chip to Mr House, has enabled

Mr House to return to corporeal form.

via a slight deception, an artifact is returned from the buried city and produces a clone of Mr House.

This Mr House is then brought to the other Mr House in stasis...

the Mr House in stasis is transferred to the clone Mr House...

Mr House wants to make America great again...

an override signal starts at atomic galleria, most bots then begin to shut down, at least, ones nearest to factory specs,

then at the general atomics plant, it fires up again...

The Mechanist knows this is prewar, and very advanced.

Liberty Prime shuts down, the back display merely reads "Daddy's Home".

Mr House would then be a wild-card faction in

Boston events circa 2290s.

Mr House reunites with Emogene,

House assists Lorenzo to complete some of his work,

and while Lorenzo ultimately departs for parts unknown,

Mr House and Jack finally begin to see why each did what they did.

Emogene helps repair P.A.M.,

and Mr House retrieves Liberty Prime from the BoS,

and that's the BoS and House square - no one owes anyone favors after that.

Of course, having just secured a

detente with the good institute, railroad and minutemen,

the BoS does not like the idea of

Mr House's Securi-bots + a renewed General Atomics and Robco.

It seems, Mr House will have to put some limits on his ambitions,

if he wants to maintain good relations with the BoS on multiple fronts.

conversely, Mr House could deliver the knock-out punch to several different factions all at once;

the BoS is spread thin, the institute is effectively out of commission, and raiders

pose no threat to the advanced technology Mr House possesses.

/// end rant.

• 1 year later...

Hello there.

I'm looking for any way to alter the ending of the great quest "The Secret of Cabot House" where, if you side with Lorenzo because maybe you've found his argument more convincing, he kills his family.

(Except Edward whom you can convince trough a speech check.)

I'm looking for an alternative. I'm kind of between both sides, and would like an alternative where you can side with Lorenzo, have ancient knowledge passed on to you, and still do not destroy the whole Cabot family and its legacy.

From the lore, the terminal entries and conversations you get to know that Emogene kept visiting Lorenzo from time to time, and altough things were never the same as before, her relationship with Lorenzo was still probably the most solid out of the family.

So IN A NUTSHELL: Any way to alter the quest and its finale, to keep Emogene alive and basically the same if you finished the quest on the other side. I just want her to stay alive and stick around the house.

Please. Any helpful replies (or a full .esp, one can dream) would be very much appreciated.

I too would like a mod where the survivor doesn't have to see the last remnants of the past's glory die before his or her eyes. Heck, between Eddie Winter and Hancock it shouldn't be impossible for them to take the option of becoming Ghouls, as Wilhemina seems to have no problems seeing Edward Deegan for the man he is. (In case it's been forgotten, Eddie Winter used a radation experiment to go Ghoul weeks before the War, making him the first one. As for Hancock, those fearing spoilers should ditch now, but Hancock tried an irradiated drug to see if it altered the high and wound up going Ghoul. There's a reason he's none too happy about Mayor McDonough)