"Castle Rebuilt" Mod hidden?

JReimer1

So a while back I downloaded one of the several mods that restore the walls of The Castle in Fallout 4, one by the name of Castle Rebuilt. This mod I liked over the others because the mod author added in a scratch-built underground component leading down from a West Bastion staircase and ending in a hallway, branching off of which were three rooms I used for Barracks, and a fourth, larger room I used as a Storage/Factory complex.

Now I'm reloading the mod since I just got past Taking Independence on my second playthrough and I get an error with NMM. No problem, I figure, I'll just delete it off NMM and install it manually. After all, it could have been updated since I first installed it. So I scrub it off my NMM and go back to the page to redownload it manually, and I see this: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19022/?, the mod has been hidden by the author.

Does anybody have some more info on why this is? Was the author banned? Did the mod itself have content from another mod? Is the author just working on an update?

• 4 weeks later...

I assume you're talking about DDProduction's mod. The guy was permanently banned before he finished the new version. He merged his all other mods and uploaded them here, but not this one.

No, there was a much better version released by a different mod author that used a custom model with rooms inside the new walls. It was very well done.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a suggestion JReimer 1, when you D/L any file with NMM you may want to D/L the manual version as well if you have the storage room on your puter. I do this for all files now so that if an author hides or removes files I still have access to the raw file for manual install. Little work but not hard to do.

Because of this I still have access to Castle Rebuilt, Cleaner Concrete and most of DDP's files.

My two cents....