Fallout Character Overhaul causes missing face textures, if disabled, crashes the game after the opening cutscene.

OverwatchPro

Right now it's a really shitty situation of damned if you do, damned if you dont.

After reinstalling Fallout Character Overhaul three seperate times, instructions carefully read, I still get missing textures instead of faces on NPCs.

Disabling FOC and its related patches just causes the game to crash after the opening cutscene and loading screen.

I'd like to play with FOC, but I can play without it, but right now, I can't do either of those things. I've looked up fixes - archive invalidation, making sure the masters are checked, etc., but nothing works so far.

Any help with this? It would be much appreciated. Here ( http://pastebin.com/9TzLEPi4 ) is my current load order.

EDIT: Fixed pastebin link

Edited by OverwatchPro

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now it's a really shitty situation of damned if you do, damned if you dont.

After reinstalling Fallout Character Overhaul three seperate times, instructions carefully read, I still get missing textures instead of faces on NPCs.

Disabling FOC and its related patches just causes the game to crash after the opening cutscene and loading screen.

I'd like to play with FOC, but I can play without it, but right now, I can't do either of those things. I've looked up fixes - archive invalidation, making sure the masters are checked, etc., but nothing works so far.

Any help with this? It would be much appreciated. Here (http://pastebin.com/ypu0NXhh) is my current, LOOT sorted load order.

what ever tool being used to sort your mods with isn't working. You have masters down in between esp plugins.

Use Fomm for this game to sort your plugins with.

FalloutNV.esm=1

DeadMoney.esm=1

HonestHearts.esm=1

OldWorldBlues.esm=1

LonesomeRoad.esm=1

GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1

ClassicPack.esm=1

MercenaryPack.esm=1

TribalPack.esm=1

CaravanPack.esm=1

Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm=1

AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm=1

Project Nevada - Core.esm=1

Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1

Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1

Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1

NevadaSkies.esm=1

Interior Lighting Overhaul - L38PS.esm=1

FCOMaster.esm=1

Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp=1

Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp=1

Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp=1

No Ammo Weight.esp=1

EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1

Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp=1

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1

dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp=1

NevadaSkies - Darker Nights.esp=1

Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp=1

WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1

ILO - A World of Pain.esp=1

ILO - Nevada Skies Patch.esp=1

WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp=1

WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp=1

WMX-HonestHearts.esp=1

WMX-EVE-AllDLC.esp=1

AWOP-WMX-EVE AllDLC.esp=1

Project Nevada - WMX.esp=1

WMX-DeadMoney.esp=1

WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp=1

Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp=1

Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp=1

WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp=1

WMX-PreOrderPackClassic.esp=1

WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp=1

WMX-PreOrderPackTribal.esp=1

Brows.esp=1

AWOP-FCO3.esp=1

NevadaSkies - TTW Edition.esp=0

FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting - Full.esp=1

NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp=1

NevadaSkies - Basic Edition.esp=0

Edited by Purr4me

I moved the .esm files up (rather moved the Project Nevade .esps down), and made sure to use FOMM instead of NMM, but even with those two factors, the same results occur. Missing face textures, or crash after the first loading screen.

Here is a new pastebin with the new load order since the old one got removed for some reason. http://pastebin.com/9TzLEPi4

Would a fresh re-install be required? I'd like to not have to do that, but if worst comes to worst then I can do that. Maybe first just try deleting instead of disabling FCO masters and plugins? Or did FCO overwrite the original textures which are effectively gone now?

Edited by OverwatchPro

same results occur. Missing face textures, or crash after the first loading screen.

I am going to ask specific questions.

Do you have a manually downloaded package of FOC?

2nd .can you uninstall FCO first ?

1. The package was not manually downloaded and placed into the mod directory. I downloaded it through NMM, which shares the directory with FOMM. Both seem to run the game interchangeably.

2. Uninstalling FCO has the same results as disabling it - crashing after the first loading screen.

How are you installing these files: manually or with a "mod manager" (and if so, which one)? Most mod managers, and LOOT, have a way to let you copy your load order as text for pasting into the forum in "Spoiler tags". (Use the "Special BBCode" button in the Forum "Reply" menu bar as the third icon from the left in the top row, next to and left of the "Font" pick-list field).

Where do you have the game installed?

The "Project Nevada" -Cyberware and -Rebalance ESP files are internally flagged as ESM, so they going to be mixed in with the other ESMs.

It is my understanding that FCO overwrites vanilla files. So you will need to have Steam "verify local files" unless you can determine which FCO files are replacing vanilla ones and remove them so the vanilla files in the BSA are used. If you "verify" then you will likely need to reinstall your other mods again as well. In which case, you may prefer to uninstall everything and reinstall from scratch through Steam and start over testing each mod one at a time to ensure you know which mod is causing what problem. It may seem like it takes longer, but in practice you spend more time trying to resolve problems than by testing as you go.

[Edit: Ninja'd by Kitty Black, so I'll step out.]

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

@dubiousintent

I am primarily using Nexus Mod Manager.

The game is installed in the Steam directory.

I fixed my previous mistake of moving the PN esps down.

I tried to verify the game cache, and it reaquired two files. I attempted to run the game again, but still, crashes after the first loading screen. I think I might call it a night and re-install FNV fresh from steam and clear NMM's mod directory, as no matter what it seems like the game will be stuck in a ditch until then.

I am looking into the package at the moment, the copy I have here has no read me file in it so in an attempt to resolve the issue I used fomm's package manager to discover that. What i did was extract the *.rar file onto the desktop and looked inside.

Mo / Mod Organizer extracted the package fine but none of the scripts..if you can them that ran.

• What I found inside that package is rather interesting.
  • There are several Mods with in this one package all divided up.
  • My concern is the main package. Not the rar file but what is in it.
  • FCO.jpg