Fallout Character Overhaul causes missing face textures, if disabled, crashes the game after the opening cutscene.

OverwatchPro

the following shot shows just how the package installed with 2 plugins hot..but there are many set as optional, each with their own textures and mesh files.

for some reason, the Fomod script did not activate here. and the data with in the bin file with in that fomod folder contains logic I have never seen before.

No readme as the script is actively looking for it.

FCO_2.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, thanks for going so above and beyond! Let me know what else you find. I might put off a fresh install if you are still looking into it.

Again, thanks for your time.

EDIT: I have to call it a night at least for me, because I have early classes tomorrow, but I'll check back as soon as I can.

Edited by OverwatchPro

For you, extract the package onto the desk top---open it---drag out the next folder to the desktop.

delete the first one now empty.

within the left over folder contains all the data.

open it. make a folder called "Docs" in a minute I'll get the correct spelling.

On the main web page, copy all the data within the change log and paste it into a new note pad.text file save that as a ReadMe spelled as this is here.

place that into that Docs folder.

Now open the Fomm and click on package manager and test build an Fomod from folder. Not sure at the moment if this will work correctly but it will give installer programs something to chew on. I will also test different versions of the Fomod packaging here.

current progress:

FCO_3.jpg

Edited by Purr4me

Please try to understand, the installer in this mod is broke or was / is not made correctly. EDIT: "was not made for Nmm code"

To install textures, you need to have a folder exposed within the primary folder labeled textures..and meshes, where here, it currently does not exists.

So what we see here is Main within the primary, that means the script *.cs is not written correctly within the Fomod folder which all the program installers look at.

This installer is a custom work and failed, that's all that's wrong, so your data is not ending up installed, we know any missing assets will break the game.

I will try as many sequences taken from that *.cs read in notepad ++ and reassemble the mod's package, give you the instructions on how this is done.

It's all I can do and am limited too do.

Problem is incorrect software usage.

Edited by Purr4me

Fomm version (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/ajax/downloadfile?id=1000020909) works correctly with existing code as is.

Others ? lol, ah no.

Nmm ah no.

rebuilding something that works was a waste of time. I believe the problem was, you got caught up in all the Hype over managers in General.

But, I'll update that thought pattern. When was this game released ?

Go by release date and tools made near those times and dates.

That version there has in it the files required to stop DRM managements from ever kicking in, none of the others have this. Not even Mo or Nmm.

Fco_Fom_1.jpg

After you reinstall this mod thru that Fomm version.......Go to the data directory and make a option folder, drag all plugins you do not intent to use from this mods installation.

Verify you only have the master file and optional NPC changes esp file installed.

This mod installs a ton of patches "for other mods" " missing masters as it will be found out.

A word of warning ,the uninstaller for this mod in any manager except Mo will in fact leave behind all the basic textures and mesh files that belong to this mods master file.

without instructions from the master file, you have issues in game from left over data.

The plugins found after install needing master files as well in Nmm installs:

FCO_Fomm_2.jpg

I'm not sure I entirely follow.

I did a fresh install of FNV, dropped NMM for FOMM, deleted all mods from the NMM dirctory and even before I reinstalled FCO-FOMM, the game crashed as usual. Now when I install FCO, the game crashes right at launch, before even starting opening credits or the main menu.

I don't know what you mean by dragging all of the unused plugins from the data directory - the only one I can see is the FCO master (http://imgur.com/a/AbOrM)

I have no idea what the problem is at this point.

I'm not sure I entirely follow.

I did a fresh install of FNV, dropped NMM for FOMM, deleted all mods from the NMM dirctory and even before I reinstalled FCO-FOMM, the game crashed as usual. Now when I install FCO, the game crashes right at launch, before even starting opening credits or the main menu.

I don't know what you mean by dragging all of the unused plugins from the data directory - the only one I can see is the FCO master (http://imgur.com/a/AbOrM)

I have no idea what the problem is at this point.

I'll show you why in a moment

in the shot bellow, it will show warnings, red triangles, these represent plugins this mod may install either by choice or omnipotence.

In either case, your game used the games data directory to place this data there, so when your loading up the game, these are there asking for their masters.

If you do not have any of those other mods installed? The game will crash on load.

Show me a explorer screen shot of your data directory or look in it for plugins listed in this shot.

missing_masters.jpg