Fallout Character Overhaul causes missing face textures, if disabled, crashes the game after the opening cutscene.

OverwatchPro

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you return, this will need to wait for the week end when you have no school..Ok ?

What I found is a major Bug in two mods which Probably have haunted many others here.

Not only is this Sloppy work, It's something that should not have happened at all. This leads back to a comment made to me Earlier so Now I have something a hell of a lot more tangible to back up My points here. This shot of the files found your using is a total mess.

I am sure to get rebuttal about this but I really don't care, you can not ask the engine to flip upside down and sideways becasue of our convenience, it does not work that way.

A Master file is clearly labeled as an ESM and a plugin is clearly labeled as an ESP. This "mess" sets up a bad chain reaction with in the saved games archive and game play. The geck creates Only an esp and relays upon the master's it is taking information from.

In this shot prior to installing EVE Energy weapons packages, this is what i found out.

screwed_up.jpg

And your in for a crash course of real modding ! so get your head straight.

What you see there in the red box Bottom one is the arrangement the mods it was mastered after were in, This is build into the core of that plugin, now imagine what Loot or fomm or any sorting algorithm is going to do? let alone the games engine?

xedits team has a tut you can study ,it can show how to sort and fix masters BUT, there's more to it that that, the GECK must be used to fix this data afterwards.

------------------------------

The process by which is required is an intact and clean setup of the load order and the install laid out order of all of these mods, in a correct pattern so all the data works with the code written into the mods / plugins all at the same time.

Now, all the complains I have read now make clear sense to me. YOU can not do this, make mods like this and expect them to be coherent. This is just asking for trouble. The game does not operate like this not load things like this without failure of some kind.

The very reason there IS a sort master option in xedit is to correct this problem. But you have to have these plugins sorted first. This was "appears to have been slapped together willie nilly. Like a thought.

So I Guess I am going to have to teach you live right here how to fix this. It's no wonder why things here are so messed up.

:wallbash:I sit here and ask myself WHY am I the one whom has to find all this out? This kind of exposure I do not enjoy. But that coding is so totally messed up.

This File (Conelrad 640-1240-35061-1-4.zip) is double packed. It contains the old way of packaging, AKA has the data within a sub folder called Data.

Radio / sound files.

Got all the files and have reset the time stamp on the two False Flagged files above, As I said, once that time stamp is reset, the Fomm / Boss sorter works as intended.

They load underneath the last esm file.

This is a Lot of data from this load order.

Mods Needing repairs:

1. WMX-EVE-AllDLC.esp

I'll Guide you through it step by step.

But i can offer the current load order it should be like.

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
MikotoBeauty.esm
NevadaSkies.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - L38PS.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Conelrad 640-1240.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
NevadaSkies - Darker Nights.esp
FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting - Full.esp
Project Nevada - WMX.esp
WMX-DeadMoney.esp
WMX-HonestHearts.esp
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp
WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackClassic.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackTribal.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
WMX-EVE-AllDLC.esp
AWOP-WMX-EVE AllDLC.esp
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
ILO - GS Shack.esp
ILO - PipBoy Light.esp
ILO - A World of Pain.esp
ILO - Nevada Skies Patch.esp
No Ammo Weight.esp
MikotoBeauty.esp
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp
Mergepatch1.esp

This might change slightly after we are done.

Modded game size "all mods installed only" (3.23 GB (3,472,064,512 bytes) Size on disc

install order is very close too load order so there is a heads up too.

Edited by Purr4me

Things seem more stable using your reccomended load order, and I will give FNV4GB Enabler a try. Only thing now are black textures in some interiors, and I'm not sure what the problem is there.

Thank you for your help thus far, but you dont need to help me if you don't want to, or if it is too frustrating. Ive been modding Bethesda games for years but I still don't have any idea how all of it works. I've watched tutorial videos one after another, but It just does not click with me. I dont know how the engine works, or how load order works, or what to do when something bad happens.

So yes, I am beyond aware I have little to no idea what I am doing.

And I'm a really busy person. I check the forums every chance I get, and even on weekends I am still really busy. Sorry about that.

Things seem more stable using your reccomended load order, and I will give FNV4GB Enabler a try. Only thing now are black textures in some interiors, and I'm not sure what the problem is there.

Thank you for your help thus far, but you dont need to help me if you don't want to, or if it is too frustrating. Ive been modding Bethesda games for years but I still don't have any idea how all of it works. I've watched tutorial videos one after another, but It just does not click with me. I dont know how the engine works, or how load order works, or what to do when something bad happens.

So yes, I am beyond aware I have little to no idea what I am doing.

And I'm a really busy person. I check the forums every chance I get, and even on weekends I am still really busy. Sorry about that.

As a parent my self, I am / feel Obligated to push you toward the school work instead of playing video games.

It's a push I have no control over. Since I can't control that, I see your getaway is the games so I won't push it.

The only way you can gain anything from all of this is a path laid down to follow, and I can guide you down that path on equal terms because it interests you.

School work is more important. Flooding your mind with things that has nothing to do with that can be wrong. the things I teach are gonna be rough and kinda hard to keep in mind. I can say, it's like the game of chess, each move, there is a counter move but you can think ahead many many moves ahead and beat the game if you can remember all that can occur..thee is no guarantee of an outcome, but here, in this type of thing ,we can.

interior issues , blackness will be caused by ILO (Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm

Interior Lighting Overhaul - L38PS.esm)

But game play stability, that has priority over visual enhancements. Crashing has stopped I assume? the freezing issues gone?

The tool I use as can be seen in the back ground in the shot above is Mod Organizer.

There are several versions of it, specific versions have quirks, things that each has takes place, these quirks I use

to MY benefit.

The objective about this statement is that red box that outlines the built upon masters the author was using.

MO (short for Mod organizer) has a Mouse Over feature I just love ! all versions contain this feature. Most likely tied into

"Python", regardless, it shows within the captions of a mouse over on the right side of the plugin lists, you need to be observant to notice this.

When you pass over and inspect the Path as laid-out masters each plugin contains, you will notice the load order the plug had at birth.

Because of that, I can tell you what sorting tool and software was in use at the time of production of each plugin.

View of the plugins in other apps such as xedit shows most of the time a normal path, but this does not negate the facts of the initial code seen.

In View, a steam lined applications can be said to be without flaws. But a users interpretation of what is seen changes that view, based on the current understanding of the current state of affairs known about the apps worthiness.

These plugin can all be fixed but can only be fixed with only each plugins data as support...one at a time.

So it goes, that's a ton of work.

we have a plugin Identified that shows both in MO and In x-edit's Viewer the established incorrect paths, in the header of that file.

As for the others that "indicate an issue? they were masked.

Just one issue of code found which may indeed be setting up your internal Blackness bugs in the above code.

If this plugin has code that references an object within a world spaces cells? those objects are tied in, one effects the other.

There won't be seen a direct connection to these items in x-edits viewer.

some times there is.

To fix this plugin, you only need the software it used to be installed, you can not have any other mods installed to repair it.

you can not use Nmm, nor can you use MO, this is done directly in the data folder and Fomm for this game. once that plugin is fixed, you can move it and it's assets out and uninstall all the editing procedures assets and plugins and go back to where you were.

you can make a new profile on the PC OS to accomplish all of that, the paths that contain games and tools instructions are kept in C:\users\username\apps\Local----and Roaming, each log on contains a separate set of applications but can link into other things thru windows Hyperlinks.

Under the new profile you can install the tools and things you need to use into that profiles document folder so to make sure none of the configuration programing on the other profile interfere or visa-versa.

You need:

1. A link or new copy installed of Fomm
  2. A copy of Mo
  3. A copy of FNVutility.
  4. A copy of x-edit "FVNEdit.ese and it's edit scripts." <---can be omitted if your good enough to use current files already installed.

and a clear desk and mind.

the mods involved are what's seen in the red box. Nothing else can be involved and the data folder in the main game folder needs to be squeaky clean, nothing in it other that Default materials.

--------------------------

IF you decide / choose to go through all of this that is? lol

that's whats done /how it's done.

Make a folder on the desktop and call it Games plugins back up.

Move these files into that folder...

• [ ] Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
    [ ] Interior Lighting Overhaul - L38PS.esm
  • [ ] Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
    [ ] ILO - A World of Pain.esp
    [ ] ILO - Nevada Skies Patch.esp
  • [ ] Mergepatch1.esp
Repeat the merged patch process and test, also, let me know what is found in the header of the new merged patch file OR !!! send me the merged patch file it's self and a copy of current saved game results.
These games built / published by this company will still load even disabled plugins, but not in the way you might think.
micro stutters is normal.

I have managed to load your Original saved game file as functional and have edited the 1 single plugin ready to test in game.

I have put together a few screen shots showing the order of how to edit such a thing to correct things.

The only data is trapped in a separate Mo program (v1.3.5) using on board tools linked in.

I am NOT running any script extender programing with it.

Due to the plugin containing esp files as master files, I can't load this into the geck, the geck will rip out that code.

But I did use FNVUtility to set the time stamps on the plugin.

IF you wish, I can make a gallery and link that in here for you to see.

Currently copying it over to the other Mo program running your saved game file for testing.

filter_6.jpg

Operates as expected, smooth as silk.

Now I'll put together the other plugins data..scratch that, the one above only required a time stamp to fix it's placement in the load order.

What interior was the issue you had, where was it @ ?