[LE] How to combine or merge mods

EKinnamon

I was never a wise at mods to begin with, coming back to Skyrim. so i'm an old noob... used mods in the past, trying to get caught up again. Yes, I have tried searchers, so far not successful, so so new not sure where to even look, so not looking for you to give me the answer, but kindly point me in the right direction. One glitch I keep having is that Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition have two 'classes' of mods, in that original Skyrim has scripts and the new one not yet... Not looking for anyone to do this, but show me (like a link to a video or a walk though) so I can do this on my own. Also, the differences for doing these for Skyrim vs Skyrim SE. Also, if I am asking for something lame or not the best way of accomplishing what I want, can you give me helpful suggesting on what to do.

I have a number of mods I would like to use, but LOOT and Wrye-smash gave me an error of too many mods. Some of these mods are supper supper simple. I thought their was a way at one time to merge mods so they did not count as a separate mod. For example, Upgrade Your Potion, Skill Controlled Potion Duration SE, and Alchemy Smith and Enchant Durations.

Assuming the above is possible, some of the mods I have have patches/add-ons. For example, the immersive sound mods (Immersive Sounds Compendium - PATCHES). I have a number of the other mods that it has patches for, can I combine them all to one? (Again, possible, safe)

I'm getting spoiled, and want a really a pretty and immersive world. Are there any list that tick off or list all the major mods that can accomplish that, and what route I should go.

For example, here are all the immersive mods that are compatible and play nice together, here are all the texture mods that do that, etc.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration,

K

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905/?

All that you need. It works great. Install the mods, adjust your load order Pay attention to the install directions of course. I find that it helps to install all of my mods in loose format so this program copies the assets correctly. If your mods come with a bsa file istead of loose, you may want to check out BSAOpt for exctracting them. I just went through all that you are doing. All of those little mods you have that simply add item, recipes and all that can be merged, then just plop your texture replacer into the same folder, zip it all up and install it like one mod. Merged plugins will also merge mods with the patches. Although, if you merge an esp, and there is another esp in your load order which needs that esp as a master, then you may need to use wrye bash to create a fake master, then add a new fake master with the same name as the new merge with the esp it was dependant on, and zip those fake masters up with the esp that you are trying to merge. See what I mean. If an esp has dependants, and you change the name when you add it to a merge, then you have to trick the exp that was dependant on it. But my game is playing like butter now.

On the 2nd one, you know of any 'large' list of common mods that are safe/conflict free? I found a youtube video that listed a lot, but looking for ones that hit different area. All these mods, lots of testing, if possible would rather stand on someone shoulders vs do this work from ground zero.

And a glitch, but having troubles finding the culprit (think it is the skeleton one...) I have a mod that making the intro sequence craptastic. The wagon is not following the house correctly, wagon turns over, flies 1000 of feet into the sky...

EDIT: I been trying to follow the development of the item that will allow scripts... do you have a link to a site that is tracking/doing that? Some of my 'old' mods used it and really improved game play, so expecting the same to Skyrim SE. (autoloot/collect, controller add-in, etc)

When merging plugins, just follow common sense and some basic rules:

1. Only merge plugins, that fall into the same category: Make a merge with your followers (OFC only "simple" ones without scripts, questchains etc. - don't merge Inigo!), another one with the armours and weapons you always would like to have in your game and so on...

2. Don't merge anything, that's needed by another mod outside of the merge. "Mergeplugins" normally will tell you though, if you're about to do this.

3. Don't merge anything containing scripts.

4. Don't merge anything with an esm or bsa file. You can merge mods with bsas, if you unpack them, though.

5. Don't put something in a merge, that you might want to change at some point (e.g. lighting and weather mods) to get a fresh look on a new playthrough.

6. If you're not absolutely sure about a plugin, don't merge it.

For further information, an excellent tutorial can be found here:

For the cart glitch, try this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65538/?

"the item, that will allow scripts" is called SKSE. Just follow the development thread here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5206865-wipz-skyrim-script-extender-skse64/

In short: Beta possibly "mid March". Don't expect the same functionality as in "oldrim" right from the start. Things will take time.

Once again, thank-you all. I was worried that any Skyrim (non SE) mod would crash the SE version. Will try that tonight.

Wow, want to play a game now, but this game is really going to take off when SKSE can be utilized again.

I am having some issues on NPC graphics (black face :mad: ). I did UPN. Really quick, what do you consider more stable/better, UPN or CBBE? If you use UPN, can you show me the mods that you install for it and the order you use? I was trying to do WICO, UPN, then Bijin (according to thier site that how you load them). And then I have a number of armor mods that have things for UPN. That being stated, I took all three out. and blackface remand, so trying to see if I still have a mod that affecting that or if that is a carry over. On a Skyrim post somebody was very methodologically going though and trying to find the problem. One posted stated that once it is made, it stays. Have to start a new game from scratch. Since I just barely made it out of the last cart trip alive, that why that was so important. Additionally I read that for many mods it best to do them from the start... how true is that. For example, should have a staged install system for them? Do these at creation start up. Do this a point A. Do these at point B?

Specifically, Tamara was blackface. On the other hand, Dolphene (sp) (both in River-wind tavern) was headless but had a mouth (sure there is a sexist joke somewhere there). When I disabled UPN, she got her head back.

I noticed another new guy asking similar questions on mod merging so what to do so going to follow both, two birds one stone.

Prison Cart didn't work. Still rolled down the mountain, but then when got to the end point it just kept 'going' (think the horse was trying to walk though the wall at the execution site, either way, never got out of the wagon).

Algabar, you're right about good mod useage, but you may want to try out a few techniquies with wrye bash. If you have a mod such enhanched blood for example. It has a ton of patches depending on what other mods you have installed, or even immersive creatures. You can use Wrye bash to aid in merging. Example Enhanced blood has a patch for immersive creatures. If enhanced blood is first in the load order, then immersive creatures, then the patch after that. I can include the patch with immersive creatures. If I were to merge enhanced blood with another mod changing the name ot it, then I can create a fake esp named enhanced blood and include it in the merge with the patch and immersive creatures removing the dependency on enhanced blood. I would also manually add a new master esp naming it the same as the new merge with enhanced blood. That way if I ever forget what I did, NMM, or any other program trying to load the plugin will warn me that I'm missing a master. It works great. Wrye can also be used to esmify an esp, or convert an esm to an esp. It just set's a flag in the plugin to make the game aware it is a master. I've heard TESV edit can do it too, although I've never tried it.

I merged a bunch of mods together that way. I'm not even a heavy mod user, but my game engine is happier. As far as mods with bsa go. I would prefer all my game files be in BSA format, because the game does perfom better if you are on an SSD drive. But most mods are large enough to warrant using a BSA. and if you use BSA, then you have to batch patch, and that's a whole new can of worms. I unpacked all of my mods, and the dlcs, and installed them as loose. I don't like having to batch patch because I've never had a patch that wasn't buggy at some point. It's my opinion that there should never be a duplicate file in my load order. I just installed a second instance of Skyrim in the default steam location, unpacked all the vanilla bsas, then installed creation kit. It is strictly for making mods. Creation kit loaded all the files, and I didn't even have to edit my ini. Not to mention, that merged plugins will be able to easily grab any assets I may have whether it be a mod I've made, or a merge. I'm hoping to solve the creation kit compiling bug this way too.

BSA are better for game performance, but loose files are better foe everything else.

Edited by yarddogg77

I forgot, having all the files including the vanilla files in loose format is also a lot easier especially if you are using NifSkope and constantly opening nif files and editing them. I have a second folder in the data folder of the loose Skyrim with all the textures I might want to use in my mods. Now if I can just figure out how the make the creation kit compile the scripts the right way, I will be set.

Still having Blackface problems with Tamara. However, if I got it once, sure I will get it more times. Is there a consul command I can use on her to try and help trouble shoot this?

The vast majority of these were added after I exited the intro cave.

Load List now (not sure how to do the nifty spoiler thing yet, did a c-n-p from Wrye-Bash, is there a better place to get it?) (EDIT got it)

Active Mods

• 00 Skyrim.esm

• 01 Update.esm

• 02 Dawnguard.esm

• 03 Hearthfires.esm

• 04 Dragonborn.esm

• 05 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [Version 4.0.5]

• 06 Campfire.esm

• 07 TravellersOfSkyrim.esm

• 08 Sneak Tools.esp

• 09 Cutting Room Floor.esp [Version 3.0.1]

• 0A SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp

• 0B Beards.esp

• 0C True Eyes SE.esp

• 0D Character Creation Overhaul.esp

• 0E CCO - Diverse Races And Genders.esp

• 0F CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp

• 10 NirShor-MusicalLore.esp

• 11 Carry Weight x10.esp

• 12 Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp

• 13 EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

• 14 WARZONES - SSE - Civil Unrest.esp

• 15 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp

• 16 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp

• 17 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp

• 18 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp

• 19 Book Covers Skyrim.esp

• 1A Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul - Skyrim.esp [Version erb]

• 1B Immersive Jewelry.esp [Version 1.05]

• 1C T'S Riverwood.esp

• 1D no interior fog.esp

• 1E Better Starting Equipment.esp

• 1F SMDropLitTorch.esp

• 20 Phenderix Dead Thrall Overhaul.esp

• 21 Phenderix Magic Sounds Improved.esp

• 22 usable lantern.esp

• 23 FireBurns.esp

• 24 more plants all extra.esp

• 25 UpgradePotion.esp

• 26 FNIS.esp

• 27 Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp

• 28 HearthFire Display Case Fix.esp

• 29 Simple AUA.esp

• 2A Solitude Expansion.esp

• 2B WeightLessTrueAll.esp

• 2C AAE Ultimate Edition.esp

• 2D Elemental Destruction.esp

• 2E rorikstead_merchant.esp

• 2F OBIS SE.esp

• 30 Book of UUNP Iron And Steel.esp

• 31 Man Those Borders!.esp

• 32 SkyTEST-Settings.esp

• 33 Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp

• 34 Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp

• 35 Skill Controlled Potion Duration.esp

• 36 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp

• 37 Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

• 38 Populated Lands Roads Paths Legendary.esp

• 39 Holidays.esp

• 3A CRF - Lighting Overhaul.esp

• 3B ArcheryDummyXP.esp

• 3C LongerDurationsandAnnoyanceFixes.esp

• 3D Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.esp

• 3E Ultimate Crossbow Collection.esp

• 3F ABT SE - Kevkas All-in-One.esp

• 40 Point The Way.esp [Version 2.0.1]

• 41 JKs Whiterun.esp [Version 1.4]

• 42 Populated Dungns Caves Ruins Legendary.esp

• 43 JK's Riverwood.esp [Version 1.3b]

• 44 Run For Your Lives.esp [Version 3.1.0]

• 45 Cloaks.esp

• 46 Better Harvesting.esp

• 47 Ars Metallica.esp

• 48 SkyrimRecycling.esp [Version 1.13]

• 49 Tentapalooza.esp

• 4A Dark_Eden_Forests_SolstheimSSE.esp

• 4B Populated Forts Towers Places Legendary.esp

• 4C Immersive Patrols II.esp

• 4D HeljarchenFarm.esp

• 4E WindstadMine.esp

• 4F Immersive Wenches.esp

• 50 Populated Cities Towns Villages Legendary.esp

• 51 Phenderix's Magic Evolved.esp

• 52 waterplants.esp

• 53 Frostfall.esp

• 54 Diverse Horses SE.esp

• 55 CCO - Permanent Birthsigns.esp

• 56 Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

• 57 Field.esp

• 58 Storefront.esp [Version 2.0]

• 59 Lakeview Garden Extended.esp

• 5A notice board.esp

• 5B Windstad Garden.esp

• 5C Ark_PantherCompanion.esp

• 5D RiverwoodHuntingCabinSE.esp

• 5E JKs Whiterun exterior.esp [Version 1.4]

• 5F Archery Shop v6.esp

• 60 Useful Scrapping.esp

• 61 GruntTheBear.esp

• 62 garm_companion.esp

• 63 Crafting Materials.esp

• 64 ZIR_UseableButterChurn.esp

• 65 Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp

• 66 StayArrowStay.esp

• 67 Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp

• 68 Phenderix Twin Souls Expanded Levels.esp

• 69 Moonlight Tales Special Edition.esp [Version 1.35]

• 6A Alchemy Enchanting and Smithing Durations for Potions.esp

• 6B Well-Stocked Alchemists.esp

• 6C XPMSSE.esp

• 6D Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp

• 6E Faction Crossbows.esp

• 6F Ursine Armor Pack.esp

• 70 Dr_Bandolier.esp

• 71 Cloaks - USSEP Patch.esp

• 72 1nivWICCloaks.esp [Version 2.4]

• 73 Book of UUNP - WIC - Cloaks Skyrim - Patch.esp

• 74 Capes&Cloaks.esp

• 75 Book of UUNP-CloaksSkyrim Patch.esp

• 76 LeftHandRings.esp

• 77 LeftHandRings_1stPersonView.esp

• 78 CriticalCorrection.esp

• 79 NoBSAIProjectileDodge.esp

• 7A VioLens SE.esp [Version 1.11]

• 7B VioLens SE - Book Menu.esp [Version 1.11]

• 7C BulkIngotRecipes.esp

• 7D Craftable Torches.esp

• 7E GoldtoIngot.esp

• 7F ImmersiveCrafting.esp

• 80 Upgrade Soul Gems.esp

• 81 FollowersCanLoot.esp

• 82 LZA Orc Followers SSE.esp

• 83 UsefulDogs.esp

• 84 IhlendaReconstructed.esp

• 85 GerSheComp.esp

• 86 LZA Follower Trade Priority SSE.esp

• 87 Ash Pile Expiration.esp [Version 2.0]

• 88 AutoLevelerForUniqueLeveledItems.esp

• 89 Believable Crime Report Radius.esp

• 8A CureDiseaseSpell.esp

• 8B Missing Apprentices CRF Quest Fix.esp

• 8C dawnguardstart40.esp

• 8D Player_Shadows.esp

• 8E Enhanced Candlelight 5min.esp

• 8F sandboxcylinderheight.esp

• 90 Predator Vision.esp

• 91 Proper Aiming.esp

• 92 Realistic-Voice.esp

• 93 Real Wildlife Behaviour.esp

• 94 BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp

• 95 VampireSun.esp

• 96 When Vampires Attack.esp [Version 3.1]

• 97 AcquisitiveSoulGemMultithreaded.esp

• 98 Whistle.esp

• 99 RichMerchantsSkyrim_x5.esp

• 9A MamTuskPowderGrind.esp

• 9B GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp

• 9C RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Sorted.esp

• 9D SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrimSE.esp [Version 5.1]

• 9E OBIS SE Patrols Addon.esp

• 9F VISPatch-OBISSE.esp

• A0 TravellersOfSkyrim - Vanilla.esp

• A1 TravellersOfSkyrim - Dragonborn and Bags and Pouches Addon.esp

• A2 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Weathers.esp

• A3 Vivid WeathersSE.esp

• A4 Vivid Weathers - Extended Snow.esp

• A5 Vivid Weathers - Extended Rain.esp

• A6 WetandCold.esp

• A7 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Weathers.esp

• A8 NASB(Before)-BCS.esp

• A9 LFGDwemerHacker.esp

• AA Realistic AI Detection SE Lite.esp

• AB Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp

• AC Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp

• AD Followers_StealthKills.esp

• AE IcePenguinWorldMap.esp

• AF Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp

• B0 UnreadBooksGlow.esp [Version 2.2.0]

• B1 dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

• B2 ISC Enhanced Blood Patch.esp

• B3 dD-No Screen Blood.esp

• B4 Footprints.esp

• B5 ElementalArrows.esp

• B6 Phenderix Arcane Archery.esp

• B7 Phenderix The Archmage Artifacts.esp

• B8 Phenderix The Demigod Artifacts.esp

• B9 Phenderix The Dragonborn Artifacts.esp

• BA Phenderix The One Ring.esp

• BB LrsamwaysExpandedSkyrimWeaponry.esp

• BC Unique Uniques.esp [Version 1.8]

• BD Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp

• BE Racial Body Morphs - Imperious - Elemental Destruction Magic.esp

• BF Open Cities Skyrim.esp

• C0 Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp

• C1 Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp

• C2 Hunters Not Bandits.esp

• C3 Open Cities Skyrim - Holidays.esp

• C4 RealisticWaterTwo.esp

• C5 ELFXEnhancer.esp

• C6 Immersive Citizens - OCS patch.esp

• C7 JK's Whiterun-Open cities SSE.esp

• C8 notice board - open cities patch.esp

Wow that's a long mod list, I have about 20. Is there any mod you haven't installed yet? Lol. That should be an epic playthrough when you get it right. As far as the blackfaces, there is more than likely an ini tweak that one of your mods calls for to fix it, such as bBloatFace= yada yada. I've saw that setting needs to be changed on a lot of mods. It has to do with the neck seem. When you are downloading all those, you should sit with a notebook and right down any weird install directions that you wouldn't typically see from a clean mod.

Why'd you have to go and do this..... Now I want to go and download a bunch more mods, I was trying to stay conservative.

Edited by yarddogg77