[LE] How to combine or merge mods

EKinnamon

Wow that's a long mod list, I have about 20. Is there any mod you haven't installed yet? Lol. That should be an epic playthrough when you get it right. As far as the blackfaces, there is more than likely an ini tweak that one of your mods calls for to fix it, such as bBloatFace= yada yada. I've saw that setting needs to be changed on a lot of mods. It has to do with the neck seem. When you are downloading all those, you should sit with a notebook and right down any weird install directions that you wouldn't typically see from a clean mod.

Why'd you have to go and do this..... Now I want to go and download a bunch more mods, I was trying to stay conservative.

I have 136 active plugins. I'm level 10 with zero crashes other than I installed one mod that did not play well and the game crashed immediately after I installed it so through trial and error I figgured out which of the ten mods I had just activated cause it, and got rid of it. Everything is fine now. I have a lot more inactive. I will have well over 200 by the time I just activate the ones I already have. I take it slow though. I'll activate about 10-15 mods at a time. Then I"ll play for a couple of days and see if any of those mods caused issues. If I do have issues I"ll resolve those before moving on.

"As far as the black faces, there is more than likely an ini tweak that one of your mods calls for to fix it" When I originally went though I tried to spot ones that played well together (so ones the mod authors recommended). I saw some items on the neck seem, and I will go back and check. I don't remember any saying black face (would have remember that, by the way, I'm not talking different color shade head, I'm talking racial color 'black' head on a white body) but that some neck seems would happen. I thought that mean their would be a little 'glitch' like a seem for sowing around the neck. Not the whole head a different color. Is neck seem = black face?

Not sure what happened to my post but here goes again. Figured out what the problem is, no clue how to fix it though. Tamara is a vampire. Not sure what mode she is in, I think she is on a timer to only be in the Riverwood Inn at a certain time. Anyways, I removed all mods and uninstalled. Then reinstalled a base set of mods to get me out of the Intro Tunnel, then added all the non body mods back in thinking this was a body mod error. When I looked at her this time, it was obvious she was a vampire. The body mod made her look good enough I could not tell.

Anyways, what Tamra looks like now... https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipMn_YpMlUU2GftHv7Auznvm1LCHKFAm9l2IFJ_F

My mod list

Active Mods

• 00 Skyrim.esm

• 01 Update.esm

• 02 Dawnguard.esm

• 03 Hearthfires.esm

• 04 Dragonborn.esm

• 05 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [Version 4.0.5]

• 06 Campfire.esm

• 07 Cutting Room Floor.esp [Version 3.0.1]

• 08 SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp

• 09 Carry Weight x10.esp

• 0A Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp

• 0B iNeed.esp

• 0C iNeed - Extended.esp

• 0D Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp [Version 3.1]

• 0E RealisticWaterTwo.esp

• 0F Book Covers Skyrim.esp

• 10 Better Starting Equipment.esp

• 11 CCO - Diverse Races And Genders.esp

• 12 CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp

• 13 Character Creation Overhaul.esp

• 14 Start Inventory.esp

• 15 Immersive Jewelry.esp [Version 1.05]

• 16 Elemental Destruction.esp

• 17 XPMSSE.esp

• 18 FNIS.esp

• 19 NirShor-MusicalLore.esp

• 1A dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

• 1B dD-No Screen Blood.esp

• 1C dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp

• 1D ISC Enhanced Blood Patch.esp

• 1E Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul - Skyrim.esp [Version erb]

• 1F Simple AUA.esp

• 20 Hunters Not Bandits.esp

• 21 HearthFire Display Case Fix.esp

• 22 GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp

• 23 LeftHandRings.esp

• 24 LeftHandRings_1stPersonView.esp

• 25 RealisticWaterTwo - iNeed.esp

• 26 Vivid WeathersSE.esp

• 27 AutoLevelerForUniqueLeveledItems.esp

• 28 Believable Crime Report Radius.esp

• 29 Missing Apprentices CRF Quest Fix.esp

• 2A dawnguardlevel25.esp

• 2B dawnguardstart40.esp

• 2C When Vampires Attack.esp [Version 3.1]

• 2D StayArrowStay.esp

• 2E Better Harvesting.esp

• 2F rorikstead_merchant.esp

• 30 Man Those Borders!.esp

• 31 Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp

• 32 Moonlight Tales Special Edition.esp [Version 1.35]

• 33 Chesko_WearableLantern.esp

• 34 Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp

• 35 Dark_Eden_Forests_SolstheimSSE.esp

• 36 Book of UUNP Iron And Steel.esp

• 37 Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

• 38 CRF - Lighting Overhaul.esp

• 39 Tentapalooza.esp

• 3A Player_Shadows.esp

• 3B ArcheryDummyXP.esp

• 3C Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.esp

• 3D Point The Way.esp [Version 2.0.1]

• 3E Run For Your Lives.esp [Version 3.1.0]

• 3F Cloaks.esp

• 40 SL01AmuletsSkyrim.esp

• 41 HeljarchenFarm.esp

• 42 WindstadMine.esp

• 43 Phenderix's Magic Evolved.esp

• 44 waterplants.esp

• 45 Frostfall.esp

• 46 CCO - Permanent Birthsigns.esp

• 47 Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

• 48 Field.esp

• 49 Storefront.esp [Version 2.0]

• 4A Lakeview Garden Extended.esp

• 4B Windstad Garden.esp

• 4C RiverwoodHuntingCabinSE.esp

• 4D Archery Shop v6.esp

• 4E No Snow Under The Roof - CRF Patch.esp

• 4F Crafting Materials.esp

• 50 Chest for Player 2.0.esp

• 51 CureDiseaseSpell.esp

• 52 Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp

• 53 WearableLights.esp

• 54 Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp

• 55 Phenderix Dead Thrall Overhaul.esp

• 56 Phenderix Magic Sounds Improved.esp

• 57 Phenderix The Archmage Artifacts.esp

• 58 Phenderix The Demigod Artifacts.esp

• 59 Phenderix The Dragonborn Artifacts.esp

• 5A Phenderix The One Ring.esp

• 5B Phenderix Twin Souls Expanded Levels.esp

• 5C RichMerchantsSkyrim_x5.esp

• 5D MamTuskPowderGrind.esp

• 5E usable lantern.esp

• 5F RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Sorted.esp

• 60 NASB-BCS.esp

• 61 IcePenguinWorldMap.esp

• 62 Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp

• 63 UnreadBooksGlow.esp [Version 2.2.0]

• 64 Footprints.esp

• 65 FireBurns.esp

• 66 more plants all extra.esp

• 67 Well-Stocked Alchemists.esp

• 68 UpgradePotion.esp

• 69 Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp

• 6A JS Armored Circlets SE.esp

• 6B Dwemer Goggles & Scouter.esp

• 6C ChitinGoggles.esp

• 6D Angelic_Demonic.esp

• 6E Bandanas of Skyrim.esp

• 6F Dr_Bandolier.esp

• 70 Blindfolds_of_Skyrim.esp

• 71 Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp

• 72 Cloaks - USSEP Patch.esp

• 73 1nivWICCloaks.esp [Version 2.4]

• 74 Capes&Cloaks.esp

• 75 WetandCold.esp

• 76 FaceMasksOfSkyrim.esp

• 77 Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp

• 78 Racial Body Morphs - Imperious - Elemental Destruction Magic.esp

Blackface indicates a lack of facegen files. If this NPC is from a mod you downloaded the author either didn't generate or pack the files at all or did so incorrectly. If the character is from a mod you've made yourself or you want to fix the situation regarding the mod you'll need to generate the files in the Creation Kit. Open up the mod, locate and select the NPC in the Actor sub listing and press CTRL + F4 to generate the necessary facegen files.

Finally tracked it down, two different mods, same author, same bug in both mods. I am still new to mods so this has taken much more effort then I would have liked.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2292/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2282/

• 3 months later...

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905/?

All that you need. It works great. Install the mods, adjust your load order Pay attention to the install directions of course. I find that it helps to install all of my mods in loose format so this program copies the assets correctly. If your mods come with a bsa file istead of loose, you may want to check out BSAOpt for exctracting them. I just went through all that you are doing. All of those little mods you have that simply add item, recipes and all that can be merged, then just plop your texture replacer into the same folder, zip it all up and install it like one mod. Merged plugins will also merge mods with the patches. Although, if you merge an esp, and there is another esp in your load order which needs that esp as a master, then you may need to use wrye bash to create a fake master, then add a new fake master with the same name as the new merge with the esp it was dependant on, and zip those fake masters up with the esp that you are trying to merge. See what I mean. If an esp has dependants, and you change the name when you add it to a merge, then you have to trick the exp that was dependant on it. But my game is playing like butter now.

I have a couple questions my friend :). Can I use B.A.E. to extract the ba2 files(fallout 4 version of bsas) before I install the mods? Or is BSAOpt required in order to actually merge mods. Ive been trying to use the merge plugins tool for almost a month now and It's just been hell. I can get a merged esp but all the guns are invisible, sounds are gone, and in general assets just don't show up in game. I want to merge mods. Literally. I have been at the 255 plugin limit for awhile now. Really hope someone can give me some advice! Does the merge plugins tool actually merge mods if they are installed manually? Or is there a mod organizer framework that is required?

• 4 months later...