Simple Touring Request

Skybroom

I am asking all the modders and people who have any idea on how the carriages ride by the roads of Skyrim. Collision, navmeshes, what else.

Is it really difficult to make it possible a simple real time travelling by means of those vehicles named carriages?

Is there any mods apart from Scenic Carriages and Touring Carriages?

I tried both mods:

Scenic Carriages

Touring Carriages

Both have a bunch of compatibility restrictions, like no custom bodies and so on. I can't retire from using mods I am used to. But I want to enjoy passive riding, sitting back in a carriage, gazing around at the sceneries passing by, chatting with my companions from time to time, and MEDITATING.
Those words of cabman "Sit back and relax" - oh, there were "Climb on back and we'll be off" - no matter - I wanna sit back and relax. Am I alone?

It's my understanding that the reason why this was never done is because the carriage system is really broken in Skyrim. That is also why Bethesda never implemented real time carriage travel outside of the heavily scripted main intro to the game. The carriage basically will flip out and look really weird when travelling in real time. That's what I recall the last time I read anything in regards to real time carriage travel in Skyrim.

So what should we do? :mellow:

I am not sure, but guess I have an idea. It's absolutely raw, so this may sound naive, sorry. What do we need all that collision stuff for when travelling via carriages? If it's so difficult to "skript in". Why don't we make it on Flying Camera basis or something else? In order to prevent colliding with ground completely. Please correct me, a camera shaking effect could stand for, then navmesh for flying camera (over the roads, the routs between main cities), a visually present parts of carriage... - this is how I see it. I accept a first-pesron-view-only restriction. Just give me an opportunity to turn my head around. A companionship would be better to keep uncluded.